+ Reply to Thread

Media Player opening on its own (+storage card msg)

I'm not sure what's going on with my phone... Windows Media Player has just started opening randomly even if I'm not using the phone. When it loads there is a message that says "a storage card was inserted, do you want to search it for audio files". I haven't removed my memory card, so it shouldn't be new to the system.

Any idea why this might be happening? If it makes a difference I am running the RLToday program and Windows Media Player is one of my 8 buttons on the today screen.

It was doing the same to me. I just let it search the memory card once and it hasn't been doing it ever since.

Unfortunately I tried letting it search and it quit doing it for a day or two and now it's back. It's very annoying! I'm thinking of uninstalling WMP altogether, if thats even possible.

Anybody else have this happen?

YES...FINALLY. i have been getting this message too...i have asked before on the forum and no one has said they they are having this problem...this drives me crazy. the only way i have found to stop it, is to always close windows media player in task manager after i use media player.

I also am having the same problem as y'all are and I have only had my phone for three days and I cannot find any way to get this message to stop popping up, I also have let it search a few times and it still is popping up randomly. Have any of you figured out how to get it to stop? I am going to Verizon tonight and if they know how to stop it then I will post how they got it to stop.

Can we delete WMP altogether? I was thinking about getting rid of it and installing another music player.

Are you guys running the RLtoday program on your phone? I only noticed this problem after I installed that.

WMP is installed in ROM, so you can't uninstall it but it's not consuming any storage space.

I run rlToday and I have music on my storage card and I don't have the problem you describe.
    -s

I got mine to stop searching and all I did was let it search hit done and go back to my today screen and then I turned my phone completely off and restarted it and it has not done it again. Hopefully this will work for y'all.

Make sure that the storage card is fully inserted. If it's being held in by the microSD cover and is bouncing in and out (even a little bit), it could cause this behavior.