+ Reply to Thread

What is gwes.exe?

I keep getting a "tell Microsoft about this problem" prompt with a program about gwes.exe could that be what is sucking the living life out of my phone? I keep getting down to between 9-6M on my Memory life

Gwes.exe is part of the GUI, and caches graphics resources (icons etc), and can grow to several megabytes in size (e.g. 7+). It could be affecting your memory.

To stop getting those error notifications, go to Start->Settings->System->Error Reporting->Disable Error reporting.

What's causing gwes.exe to error out? Probably one of your 3rd party apps. not playing nicely with the rest of the system.

If I was to make a rookie guess on what was doing it, I would say it was Spd Shell... Every time I get my text message chime and the phone starts to read the message I go to turn on the screen (by the top button) and then the voice reading goes crazy and starts to go all Maxx Headroom (did I spell that right??) on me and does a studder thing then goes back to normal...

You could be right. There have been numerous postings over at XDA stating that SPB Shell and/or Pocket Plus have been buggy. Too bad because SPB use to be known for producing solid products.