+ Reply to Thread

Stopping the phone from reading a "private" message?

HAHAHAHA I have a little question.. I love when the phone reads out my text messages that might be one of my fav. features but sometimes I get ummmm "private" messages that I don't want read out is there a way to mute it out when u see a message you don't want read to the world? I don't want to shut it off because I love the feature.. I tried hitting the volume thinking it would shhh it but it didn't, then I tried hitting dismiss but that didn't work ether... anyone know?

RTD
    How do you get the phone to do that?

What are you smoking?

^^, Voice command settings...

How do you replay a message if you miss it or you want to replay it for a friend later.

Quote Originally Posted by hooraysimpsons View Post
    ^^, Voice command settings...
    Yeah, I tried this...my phone never "reads" my text messages to me

make sure u go to the voice command settings and check text messages... now the POINT isn't what the text said hahaha it's how do I make it stop at certin times?
    For example I was speaking to one of my agents today and all of a sudden my x-girlfriend starts to send me texts .. not that it was anything "bad" but I just didn't want it to read it at that time due to people being around and I tried hitting the volume button that didn't work then I tried hitting dismiss and all that did was take the message box away with the message in it but the phone kept reading it.... anyone????

John, I think the best option for you would be that when you're around people that you don't want to broadcast your social life to, set the phone to vibrate or use a profiling app that will suppress voice command when set to that profile. I know you use Spb, so I can't give you the details because I use PA.
    -s

To build on Sleeve's comment, you might want to look into phoneAlarm. The full version has an option that allows profile changes to also control Voice Command. Thus, you could make a setting in pA such that if pA is set to "Meeting" profile, it shuts off Voice Command (or, at least, the portion of VC that reads from Messaging).
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by The Matt View Post
    Yeah, I tried this...my phone never "reads" my text messages to me
    Make sure the notifications are set to speaker or wired headset.

Mute Button for Voice Command???

I too would be interested in a 'mute button' for Voice Command.

Mark
    Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.
    --Lance Armstrong (1971 - ) U.S. cyclist, 7-time winner of the Tour de France, cancer survivor

How do u make it work? I looked in my VC settings, and the only thing close is messaging. It is checked, but it dosn't read my texts. How does it work? Does it read them as they come in? More info please!!!

OK...Got it to work! It will announce, and read texts, and caller id from phone speakers. It will announce and read texts through bluetooth, but no caller id through bluetooth. They are both set to announce through bluetooth only, but caller id comes through phone speakers no matter what. Am I missing something? Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by canecbr600 View Post
    OK...Got it to work! It will announce, and read texts, and caller id from phone speakers. It will announce and read texts through bluetooth, but no caller id through bluetooth. They are both set to announce through bluetooth only, but caller id comes through phone speakers no matter what. Am I missing something? Thanks guys!
    You aren't missing anything. This is a known bug with Voice Command on WM6 and is not unique to the i760.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by canecbr600 View Post
    How do u make it work? I looked in my VC settings, and the only thing close is messaging. It is checked, but it dosn't read my texts. How does it work? Does it read them as they come in? More info please!!!
    Make sure you have the box unchecked "High Priority Messages Only" in VC settings 'options' button for Messages. Otherwise it only reads 'high priority' messages which I think is default.

Mark
    Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.
    --Lance Armstrong (1971 - ) U.S. cyclist, 7-time winner of the Tour de France, cancer survivor