+ Reply to Thread

b2b and NE2 discounts

I was searching the forums and found this thread:
    The How Much, How did you order the i760 Thread

Nowhere have I been able to find what the mentioned b2b and ne2 discounts are. They are mentioned many times in that thread, however I am not familiar with what it takes to qualify for these discounts or what they even are.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

b2b is business to business discount. If you're company has a business contract with verizon, you get a discount on phones based on the number of lines your company has with verizon. The more lines, the bigger the discount.

Check with your verizon company rep for specifics on the discounts.

NE2 is new every two. You get $100 towards a new phone every 2 years (in actuality its every 20 months because they allow you to early upgrade). This is only if you're the primary line on the account (in case of a family plan) and if you've signed up with a 2 year contract w/verizon.

Login to "My Account" at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless -> My Phone -> Go, you will see your NE2 meter and how many more months left before you're eligible for $100 off an upgrade.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I am not eligible for the NE2 discount yet, but I tried to buy this phone now and I am running into problems.

I did get the 2year contract discount to 399.99. Although, it will not let me check out without adding the 49.99 a month data plan. Nowhere did it say that this is NECESSARY to buy the i760. Is there a way to get around this?

Also too, I am not seeing any reduction in price to 299.99 for the online discount.

It's just Verizon's way of nickeling and diming you to death. All PDA phones require a data plan attached, but you're not limited to the unlimited $45/month plan. You can get the data block (which is technically a data plan) attached to your account, its just not available online, kinda like the option for one year contracts is not available online. You'll have to call to get it changed.

Read more about Verizon data plan options here.

The $100 online discount has been removed because it was technically the ADD (advanced data discount), however, the system was giving both the discounts for a stacked total of $200. Verizon quickly corrected the mistake later that day.

You can read more about ADD here.

I just called and am being quotes $264.99 + tax for b2b pricing (just a 6%) discount. Last week I bought one (this one is for someone else) and paid I believe $149.99 + tax. The latter included an additional $100 off for NE2 and a $50 instant rebate. The new phone is being purchased for an additional line of service I'm adding. Can't figure out how to bring the price down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I just called and am being quotes $264.99 + tax for b2b pricing (just a 6%) discount. Last week I bought one (this one is for someone else) and paid I believe $149.99 + tax. The latter included an additional $100 off for NE2 and a $50 instant rebate. The new phone is being purchased for an additional line of service I'm adding. Can't figure out how to bring the price down though.
    You can't always trust the B2B pricing. Mine was quoted at $349 + tax but when I got the invoice, I was charged $229 + tax. That's just our B2B price, since we don't get NE2, ADD, or rebate.

My B2B rep got me the phone for $319 then got the NE2 and ADD discount, so with tax (NY), my total was $130.
    I just ordered it and received it this week.

I just have a B2B rep based on a University discount, not some special corporate arrangement.