+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What battery is everyone using?

Since I got the phone about a week ago I've been using the standard battery. But I think tonight I'm going to switch it out for the extended one. Just wondering what everyone else is using. And if you switched from the standard to extended was the battery life increase noticeable?

I just got my phone on Friday and went out of town without the charger. I took both batteries thinking I would be able to last.

Unfortunately, I didn't even make it 1.5 days with both the slim and extended battery.

Right now after charging both I'm back to using the slim one, but I have to give it more time to see if I should just leave the extended. I usually do a lot of calls during the day and on the internet as well.

I was expecting the battery life to be far superior, but its not (well compared to my treo 700wx which would easily last 15 hours).

<<<extended
    I want the storm and I want it now!

I'm in the habit of always having my phone charging...whether I'm at my desk, in the car, or @ home...so I'm not a fair indicator of battery life...I usually use the standard battery, and will carry the extended battery in my jacket or bag if I think I'm going to need it....

i use the standard and ALWAYS carry the extended as a backup.i have phonedeadaphobia.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i use the standard and ALWAYS carry the extended as a backup.i have phonedeadaphobia.
    Yeah I'm pretty much the same way. That's why I'm hoping someone will chime in that has used the standard battery and then switched over to the extended. I might just end up doing what you are doing though.

My slim went from ~90% battery to like 15% after 8 hours at school. The only thing I did on it during that time was check to see if I had messages, that's it.

Think my battery is faulty?

I've had my phone for a few weeks now and the extended battery does seem to last longer. I normally use the extended battery and keep the standard battery charged for a backup. Been working out good so far, although neither battery seems to last long enough with both wifi and bluetooth turned on.

My first post! newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MinionOfEckerd View Post
    My slim went from ~90% battery to like 15% after 8 hours at school. The only thing I did on it during that time was check to see if I had messages, that's it.

Think my battery is faulty?
    That does sound kind of strange although I'm not sure of all the variables involved (ie. bluetooth, wi-fi, etc...). My phone lasts all day with the standard battery making only a few calls and txt messaging every now and then. But the only reason I'm using it so sparingly is because at the end of the day the battery is almost fully drained. I guess tomorrow I will try it with the extended battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Myxtyr View Post
    I've had my phone for a few weeks now and the extended battery does seem to last longer. I normally use the extended battery and keep the standard battery charged for a backup. Been working out good so far, although neither battery seems to last long enough with both wifi and bluetooth turned on.

My first post! newbie
    Good to hear that the extended battery is lasting longer for you. I'm going to have to give that a shot.

And welcome to the forums. I am also a newbie here so I'm hoping to learn a lot about my new PDA phone and hopefully help whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltSS View Post
    That does sound kind of strange although I'm not sure of all the variables involved (ie. bluetooth, wi-fi, etc...). My phone lasts all day with the standard battery making only a few calls and txt messaging every now and then. But the only reason I'm using it so sparingly is because at the end of the day the battery is almost fully drained. I guess tomorrow I will try it with the extended battery.
    Yeah, I expected it to have a lot more life to it. Going to try it tomorrow without BT turned on. Not sure why I've had it on 24/7 anyway besides sending BT waves into my brain...haha

I'll report back tomorrow.

Another newbie here, already got 4 different forums in my favorites to keep track of the i760 changes.

Guys,

Having had a Tre0 700W and a XV6700, I am obsessed with battery life. I have found that giving either battery (slim or extended) a full long charge, until the led turns green, makes it last longer. I tend to keep the extended battery on most of the time, keeping the slim in reserve. Last week, I found that using Exchange push (as items arrive in AS) exhausted the battery much quicker, so I changed to a 30-minute pull. Also only turned on BT when I needed it.

Power usage on this device (after having it a week) seems to be better then my TREO or me 6700, but I have not really benchmarked it.

I also bought a 4-AA-cell emergency charger for the 760 on ebay ($9.99) to keep with me just in case, for those longer days. The vendor hypes 2.5 full charges from the 4 batteries, but as long as it gives me 1 or 1.5 I will be happy.

Skip

Skipster, I had the 700w and 700wx and the treo's lasted far longer than any phone I've ever had - pda phone that is.

I just went to the gym and used evdo, BT headphones and did my usual 1.5 hour workout to listen to XM radio and some FM stations over the net. At about 1 hr the battery indicator said I needed to charge the battery. This thing doesn't have the best battery life at all. Oh ya I was using the slim battery and I just charged it up till the light came on before leaving to the gym.

Standard battery here. I actually haven't even charged my extended battery once. I still have the plastic scratch protector on the back of it from the original packaging.
    -s

Extended battery rocks...soooo much better than even the fat boy on the i730...granted, slim one kinda sucks...guess I'll be investing in another extended or two.

What's new....

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Standard battery here. I actually haven't even charged my extended battery once. I still have the plastic scratch protector on the back of it from the original packaging.
    Yeah same here Sleeve, but I think I'm going to break it's virginity lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ProRef View Post
    Extended battery rocks...soooo much better than even the fat boy on the i730...granted, slim one kinda sucks...guess I'll be investing in another extended or two.

What's new....
    Have you used the standard at all? If so is there a big difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Umm---are we supposed to remove those before we use the battery on the phone?? TTTT I hadn't even noticed they were there.

Extended here.

Anyone here want to trade my untouched slim for your extended?

Quote Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
    Umm---are we supposed to remove those before we use the battery on the phone?? TTTT I hadn't even noticed they were there.
    Nah, when you consider that some members were talking about stickers or skins for sale on eBay, you can pretty much leave the plastic on with no grief.
    -s