+ Reply to Thread

To Hard Reset or Not To Hard Reset

Hello All,

I know that MRailing (and he definitely knows his stuff) on his getting started guide suggests doing a hard reset at the beginning. I've been playing around and everything is working well (syncing, MMS, SMS, Contacts, etc) and I'm just about to start loading additional S/W. Therefore, I'm asking if everything is working well should I really do a hard reset prior to adding additional S/W? I would hate to do a hard reset for no reason and then have to go through another contact syncing which takes quite a while. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
    Hello All,

I know that MRailing (and he definitely knows his stuff) on his getting started guide suggests doing a hard reset at the beginning. I've been playing around and everything is working well (syncing, MMS, SMS, Contacts, etc) and I'm just about to start loading additional S/W. Therefore, I'm asking if everything is working well should I really do a hard reset prior to adding additional S/W? I would hate to do a hard reset for no reason and then have to go through another contact syncing which takes quite a while. Thoughts?
    If I were in your shoes, I would just backup your i760 in its current iteration and then slowly start adding the software, one program at a time, waiting a day or two in between adding each program and backing up immediately before installing a new program. That's what I usually do. Just my two cents.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)