+ Reply to Thread

Does your LED blink in sleep mode?

I realize this is almost a double post from this thread, but that thread is about having the messaging app running in order to get audible notifications. This question is about the LED.

This issue I am encountering is this:
    - I have my SMS/MMS/Voicemail/Missed call notifications configured to blink the LED at "No limit"
    - When my phone is in sleep/standbye mode and I receive e.g. an SMS, I get the audible notification and the LED starts blinking, but only 5 times.
    - When my phone is on and I receive an SMS, the LED will blink until the phone goes back into sleep mode.

Didn't work that way on my Treo 700w... it just kept blinking until I acknowledged it... which is how it SHOULD behave, otherwise you have no way of knowing there's a message waiting.

Can anyone verify on their unit that the LED stops blinking as soon as the phone goes back into sleep mode?
    Last edited by mobidutch; 11-14-2007 at 10:38 AM.

Mine blinks until it goes into sleep mode then it stops blinking. I need it to blink in sleep mode. I am on the 30 day trial and really like the phone but this could be the killer for me. I would like to know if there is a way to get it to blink in sleep mode for sms,mms, and email. I swore I had it blinking in sleep mode on the one I returned the other day but I can't seem to figure out how I had it setup

I can varify the same behavior. Adding that the blinking and audible notification do not always occur. Sometimes, when I turn my phone on, only then does it give me both the audible and blinking notification. The phone seems to have a mind of its own.

The LED will not blink continuously in sleep mode. It is disappointing. It will sometimes blink for a few seconds after a few minutes and then stop again. I think this usually occurs after receipt of an email/sms/something that would not necessarily wake your phone up.

Someone has said that repeating LED flashes can be accomplished with Phone Alarm. I can confirm that SPB's Phone Suite will not give you continuously flashing LEDs.

EDIT: I think it may also continue to blink even in sleep mode while on external power, but I don't recall for sure and can't check right now. If this is the case, perhaps there is a registry edit that could remedy this.

Thx for the replies. For me, it also doesn't blink in sleep mode when on external power. And I just tried phoneAlarm.... I can't get that to blink at all.

This totally misses the point of having the LED blink...that is most useful when the phone IS in sleep mode!

rok

Not Good

I have to agree that the sleeping LED is a real inconvenience. It is always nice to just glance in your pocket, or across the room to see if you missed anything. Now we have to go physically turn it on. The Led stays on (red) when you are charging in sleep mode so it is getting power. Hopefully they can change this with a simple Bios update, or maybe they just want us to leave it on all day. They did give us two batteries!

There is another post about this issue but I thought I would mention SPB Phone Suite here because you guys seems to be talking just about Phone Alarm.

Some people say PhoneAlarm doesnt blink the LED at all. It didn't for me. Only when the phone wasn't in sleep/standby mode. However, SPB Phone Suite did at least make a sound and blink the LED 5 times WHEN IN STANDBY MODE. You can also set your sound to be MAX without changing your other volumes. So it still sucks but at least it will keep MAKING A SOUND EVERY MINUTE at MAX VOLUME AND BLINK THE LED 5 TIMES EVERY MINUTE AS WELL, until you acknowledge it. Just beware if you use your alarm on your phone as your alarm clock. It goes off but doesn't make a sound. There are ways to fix this but you have to delete notification dupes daily.

The funniest thing is when you are charging the phone the LED is always on either red or green for charging or fully charged. Then of course the LED will blink for no limit.

It would be sweet to just have some sort of reg hack that makes the led work in standby mode or if SPB phone suite would have 10s or 30s options it would be perfect (it only has 1min option as the shortest)

One downside is if you have left your phone somewhere and you miss a call. Every minute you are going to have a sound go off on your phone. But hey at least I am sane again.
    Last edited by brodie; 12-11-2007 at 01:52 PM.

Yes, works fine for me, always has
    Last edited by Indie; 12-11-2007 at 02:48 PM.