+ Reply to Thread
    PC Guru

New Scrolling Program i got gonna test today

Touch Commander

Im gonna install it on my 760 and see what its like.. Ill report later.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice find.
    If this can do button assignment also then it would be great.

Let us know ASAP!

Thanks

Mark
    Last edited by Mark_A_K; 11-14-2007 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by subdivisions View Post
    Touch Commander

Im gonna install it on my 760 and see what its like.. Ill report later.
    If you look in the customizations thread, you'll find that others are discussing this:
    i760 Customizations so far

Not saying it isn't deserving of its own thread - just that there are some caveats out there.

touch commander is pretty nice - worked well in my short test of it. interesting you tube video which purports to be touchflo, but looks exactly like touch commander

FTouchFlo on Trinity

speaking of ftouchflo, i downloaded and installed from here, just out of curiosity: Finally! TouchFlo works! - ALPHA 4 (stable) AVAILABLE - xda-developers

it does nothing though. anyone with experience with ftouchflo have any pointers?

Get the latest version of FTouchFlo here v1.4.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=338143

I installed it today and it seems to work fine in Messaging, Contacts - even TCMPM Playlists!

Note I think I had to go into Start -> Programs and click in the FTouchFlo icon to start it up after installing.

FTouchFlo seems pretty cool! Testing out now....

jv

Quote Originally Posted by DBlocker View Post
    Get the latest version of FTouchFlo here v1.4.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=338143

I installed it today and it seems to work fine in Messaging, Contacts - even TCMPM Playlists!

Note I think I had to go into Start -> Programs and click in the FTouchFlo icon to start it up after installing.
    i still get nothing - clicked the FTouchFLow icon, and no difference. clicked it again and it said it's already running. probably operator head space, but i have no clue *lol*

Did you soft reset?

Also, there is a small icon at the top of the screen if I remember correctly where you can turn the 'touching' on and off.

The trick is you have to touch the screen with your fingernail and QUICKLY start dragging your finger to scroll. Think of "flicking" your finger across the screen immediately. If you're too slow your touch is like normal operations without FTouchFlow. It takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it you'll like it!

when FTouchflo is running I don't get screen tap noise.... Anyone else notice this?

jv

I don't have screen taps enabled, so no.

I did notice that FTouchflo sucks the battery right out of my phone.

I have been using FTouchflo on my 760 since I got it. It works very well and there is no extra battery drain.

I am also using Slithers flash cube. Works just like the HTC units now.

Someone asked me to make a video of it and I haven't had the chance yet but I will try to get it today or tomorrow.

Interesting - I installed it yesterday, but my phone was plugged in since then. I took it off the charger this morning with FTouchflo enabled, and within 2 hours my phone dropped to 70%. A soft reset (to unload FTouchflo) brought the level back up to 85%. Maybe it's just me

I had it on my phone once....and then 5 minutes later it went right back off.

i was all about it til i too notice a large batt drain. i actually like touch commander a lot more, and it doesn't seemingly have any adverse effects on my battery. the only bummer is...it isn't free, but considering the amount of software i got already that i didn't have to pay for, $15 really isn't that much to shell out for a great program. i mean you could configure over 60 apps, folders, and picture speed dials. i'm having a hard time filling up the 35 it set up for. gotta a really smooth, very user friendly interface. not much of a learning curve, if any at all. just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    Interesting - I installed it yesterday, but my phone was plugged in since then. I took it off the charger this morning with FTouchflo enabled, and within 2 hours my phone dropped to 70%. A soft reset (to unload FTouchflo) brought the level back up to 85%. Maybe it's just me
    Wouldn't put too much stock in the battery gain after soft reset. Today at noon my battery was at 65% At 4 PM I accidentally hit the soft reset button. No changes in software at all. When the unit came back up the battery meter read 75%. Maybe the "friction" of the soft reset adds juice to the battery.
    You can't rely on much precision from the battery meter. I am sure it is only an approximation.

I would use FTouchflo if you could turn it off completely when you want to use the stylus (without having to soft-reset). Even in L - "launch more" it's still a pain to click the X and scroll with the stylus when you want to.

Though I do understand the purpose of the software is to negate the stylus, I still like to use it once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
    Wouldn't put too much stock in the battery gain after soft reset. Today at noon my battery was at 65% At 4 PM I accidentally hit the soft reset button. No changes in software at all. When the unit came back up the battery meter read 75%. Maybe the "friction" of the soft reset adds juice to the battery.
    You can't rely on much precision from the battery meter. I am sure it is only an approximation.
    I understand that it's an estimate based on the current draw. That's the point, though - it dropped much, much faster (indicating a higher draw) with touchflo than it ever had. Once touchflo unloaded, it drained similar to normal.