Poll: What did you do with your old I730?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What did you do with your old I730?

Did you just toss it?
    Maybe you gave it to someone else?
    Is it collecting dust somewhere?
    Did you sell it? Really! How much for the whole thing?

I'm trying to sell mine on EBay right now, but I'm one of dozens up for sale. I was curious how many of those phones come from members of this forum.
    CurtisZZZ

sold mine in the garage sale of this forum....
    Jeremiah 29:11

Sold mine for $60.00 to someone at work who wanted a second i730 for his wife. Could have gotten much more on EBAY but considering he was a co- worker and I got my i760 for $49 I figured it was a win-win situation.

I broke the antenna at work (caught it on a helicopter door). Then I paid 50$ fo asurion for a brand new I760

cec
    Sold on eBay with tons of accessories - got about $180 (about 6 weeks ago).

Quote Originally Posted by cec View Post
    Sold on eBay with tons of accessories - got about $180 (about 6 weeks ago).

Yeah... that's what I thought. Today the best prices (with "tons of accessories") is about $150. I'm too late for everything lately. Missed the $49 opening gaffe from Verizon. Missed getting the best for my used phone.

Lesson -- when your ready JUMP!

CurtisZZZ

Sold my 'back-up' i730 (purchased 'cause I loved them so much, it was an insurance replacement...mint) for $200....tossed in extra batteries, styli and such. Negotiating now to sell my personal one...asking $150, tossing in the balance of extra accessories I accumulated (chargers, cables, batteries, styli, screen protectors), it's in very good to excellent condition (never dropped).

Just in case anyone is interested, PM me.

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    LOL ... okay ... I'm anal ... but I put mine in the hall of fame ... I have one of every pda phone verizon ever sold ... except that little clam shell guy ... and I'm feeling like I need to get me one of those ... anyway ... they are all neatly in the original boxes in a closet ... who knows ... maybe so day they'll be worth something ... but for now ... they make nice history of vz pdas ... LOL
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

Registered User/Squirrel Master sdittmar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    ... I have one of every pda phone verizon ever sold...
    A little sad...yet...oddly impressive
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Replacement for a Replacement

Well...I lost my first i730 (Which was an insurance replacement for a broken i700) about a month ago. Then just this past Sunday while in a call, my i730 froze so I decided to do a soft reset. It could not get past the MITS splash screen. So I called up my insurance provider to exchange the phone, turns out the i730 isn't being produced anymore so they sent me a brand new i760 instead...within 2 years I went through an i700, 2 i730s, and now I have a brand new i760...all for $100 (Deductible), Insurance is a wonderful thing...

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Quote Originally Posted by sdittmar View Post
    A little sad...yet...oddly impressive
    That's not sad ... the fact that I still have a couple sprint pda phones (sammy i300 and sammy i330) is sad ... haven't been with sprint for many years .. now that's sad .. LOL ... guess I just can't bear to part with the little darlings ... and since wm5 ... I can stick a battery in them ... sync ... and put on one of my lines ... course ... now with vista I'm not sure how that's gonna work out ... getting the i760 to work was fun enough

Hmmm ... maybe someday I'll just list them on flea bay ... see if I can get any takers ... a few of them can't be activated anymore I think ... treo 600 for one I think ... and maybe the Kyocera 7135 ... but there may be some interest in them ... who knows
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

It's in the drawer with the 7135 and the 6035

but I have plans for it. I did the A2DP hack for stereo headset and want to use it for MP3's and streaming radio via wifi.
    We bought that stupid Torian thing and it's been RMA'd, besides not having BT so you have the wires to deal with. The i730 clips or sets on a shelf and you listen via BT. Or load up videos or music on a webserver and pull them off with the wifi. I find it much easier to navigate streams with this than any "wifi radios" out there.

Probably going to break down and list the inventory on ebay. I have about 10 from our corporate staff along with a vast array of accessories from used to new in box pieces.

I was still rocking the i700 when i switched to the i760... got a hundred for it on ebay, bring the grand total for the i760 to zero!

I sent mine into Asurian as it was in need of a warranty replacement. They guaranteed me that they had brand new I730's in stock and would ship one as soon as my old one got there. Well, I ended up with a I830 as they are out of the 730's. So I have a new one that I will be selling. At least its a retail package brand new unit with all the accessories.
    Gary

I voted other. I dropped and broke it in mid-August. It's now sitting on a shelf in my office next to a bunch of journals. Why? Just because it was a helluva phone and it broke my heart when I broke it.

EBay ?

As I mentioned earlier... I have my old phone and all the accessories up for auction on EBay right now. I had someone email me and ask this question...
    Does this phone have a clear ESN? As Verizon won't reactivate if the ESN isn't clear. If you're not sure could you send the ESN off the back of the phone so I can verify this. Thanks!
    Can anyone tell me if I should give him this info or not? I know where to find the ESN, but I don't know if there is any harm in anyone knowing what it is. Also, is there any reason I shold expect my old phone doesn't have a "Clear ESN?"

Thanks for the help.

curtis
    CurtisZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisZZZ View Post
    As I mentioned earlier... I have my old phone and all the accessories up for auction on EBay right now. I had someone email me and ask this question...
    Does this phone have a clear ESN? As Verizon won't reactivate if the ESN isn't clear. If you're not sure could you send the ESN off the back of the phone so I can verify this. Thanks!
    Can anyone tell me if I should give him this info or not? I know where to find the ESN, but I don't know if there is any harm in anyone knowing what it is. Also, is there any reason I shold expect my old phone doesn't have a "Clear ESN?"

Thanks for the help.

curtis
    My understanding is that there is some "small" risk in giving out an ESN to a potential buyer. To check for yourself just call verizon and ask them to check your ESN. If you choose not to give it out, you can then offer a money-back-guarantee if the buyer can't activate the phone.
    -Duncan

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion" - R. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by dfkimbro View Post
    My understanding is that there is some "small" risk in giving out an ESN to a potential buyer. To check for yourself just call verizon and ask them to check your ESN. If you choose not to give it out, you can then offer a money-back-guarantee if the buyer can't activate the phone.
    Awesome Duncan! Thanks for the great help. I called Verizon and asked them myself. I had no reason to doubt it, but wanted to make sure. Hopefully the guy will give me a great price on my old one.
    CurtisZZZ

OTher - Gave it to my wife

Mostly because she had a Palm 650 she liked and I had no idea how to do support on it for her. This way at least I know what I am doing when she asks me how to do something. Also because my Pharos GPS and Mapopolis (yes I cannot seem to give up on it yet even though the maps are a bit dated.)
    Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.
    --Lance Armstrong (1971 - ) U.S. cyclist, 7-time winner of the Tour de France, cancer survivor