+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Program to close apps when you tap the X

Hi All,

Is there a program out there that I can load or maybe a hack that will actually allow me to close my programs when I click on the X in the upper right corner instead of having to go to task manager and click on stop all?
    I did some searching on the first five pages but didn't see anything.

Thanks!

I use WisBAr Lite but there are MANY programs that will do this.

Pocket plus does it too. Nice program but there are a few out there that do it as mrpacs said

I use DinarSoft HandySwitcher. It installs a tiny icon on the top toolbar...You can close any or all programs and also check your cpu and memory usage.

tMan

It's free, but it can't match the WM6 skin yet.

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    WOW ... all that and not a single rant about searching ...

Seriously ... do a search and you'll find tons of programs that do this ...
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

Sorry - I'm so excited about finding tMan today that I've overlooked the transgression. I'll do better

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    WOW ... all that and not a single rant about searching ...

Seriously ... do a search and you'll find tons of programs that do this ...
    lol! No need to rant in forums. too many forum Nazi's as it is now. Let's just try to help one another as best we can.

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    lol! No need to rant in forums. too many forum Nazi's as it is now. Let's just try to help one another as best we can.

what he said .. but so often ... it's flame on ... LOL
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

i use wise bar advance 3, and i *love* it. it provides sooo much functionality w/o the $30 price tag some of the other programs come with. great skins too.

Another free one that is small is Magic Button which I used for the longest time, until I discovered Spc Pocket Plus 4.0 (Not free - but you can trial it for 15 days)

WkTask has this functionality.

QuickMenu (which I use) can do this as well as some other neat things like organizing the Start Menu.

HTC Has a nice X-Button Closer app. Check out this link it is for the 8525 but it should work on any device. THere are other apps that might or might not work on i760 feel free to try:

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

In fact I dont know what program it is apart of but HTC's task manager makes it easy to close, switch, and manage open apps. It might apart of the HTC home plugin that you can find on xda-developer's site.

I used magic button for a long time but now I use but now I use Inclose .. both are free! I like InClose's feature that allow you to define actions to a stylus swipe from the corner.. I have it set to horizontal swipe to rotate screen, diagonal swipe to invoke the Today screen and vertical swipe to pull up the task menu...
    Mark

Edit: I typed the name wrong.. its InClose with an "I"
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 11-15-2007 at 10:28 AM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

PJD
    Where can I find the EnClose software?

sorry the name of the app is InClose, sorry for the typo
    The developers website seems to be gone but you can get the app here:
    FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: InClose Mobile: Express Edition v5.0
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinergy View Post
    HTC Has a nice X-Button Closer app. Check out this link it is for the 8525 but it should work on any device. THere are other apps that might or might not work on i760 feel free to try:

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

In fact I dont know what program it is apart of but HTC's task manager makes it easy to close, switch, and manage open apps. It might apart of the HTC home plugin that you can find on xda-developer's site.
    I found this yesterday, too, but it won't run on the i760. There are no directions, so I might be doing something wrong.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    I used magic button for a long time but now I use but now I use Inclose .. both are free! I like InClose's feature that allow you to define actions to a stylus swipe from the corner.. I have it set to horizontal swipe to rotate screen, diagonal swipe to invoke the Today screen and vertical swipe to pull up the task menu...
    Mark

Edit: I typed the name wrong.. its InClose with an "I"
    Sounds interesting.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    sorry the name of the app is InClose, sorry for the typo
    The developers website seems to be gone but you can get the app here:
    FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: InClose Mobile: Express Edition v5.0
    Mark
    Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for! You can assign it to a hard button, it supports gestures, and it doesn't modify the UI. Between this and Batti, I get all of the functionality of iLauncher that I need (battery monitor and task manager) for free and with less overhead and no Today plug-in. Nice!

PJD

How?

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for! You can assign it to a hard button, it supports gestures, and it doesn't modify the UI. Between this and Batti, I get all of the functionality of iLauncher that I need (battery monitor and task manager) for free and with less overhead and no Today plug-in. Nice!
    I can't find anywhere to assign it to a hard button. Could you please explain where you found this option.

Thanks.