+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-28-2005
    Posts
    35

    Program to close apps when you tap the X

    Hi All,

    Is there a program out there that I can load or maybe a hack that will actually allow me to close my programs when I click on the X in the upper right corner instead of having to go to task manager and click on stop all?
    I did some searching on the first five pages but didn't see anything.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Registered User mrpacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-25-2007
    Posts
    660
    I use WisBAr Lite but there are MANY programs that will do this.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-24-2007
    Posts
    10
    Pocket plus does it too. Nice program but there are a few out there that do it as mrpacs said

  4. #4
    Registered User mistamista2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-22-2007
    Location
    Clinton, MD
    Posts
    29
    I use DinarSoft HandySwitcher. It installs a tiny icon on the top toolbar...You can close any or all programs and also check your cpu and memory usage.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    tMan

    It's free, but it can't match the WM6 skin yet.

  6. #6
    Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Join Date
    11-28-2003
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co.
    Posts
    706
    WOW ... all that and not a single rant about searching ...

    Seriously ... do a search and you'll find tons of programs that do this ...
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    Sorry - I'm so excited about finding tMan today that I've overlooked the transgression. I'll do better

  8. #8
    Registered User mrpacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-25-2007
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    WOW ... all that and not a single rant about searching ...

    Seriously ... do a search and you'll find tons of programs that do this ...
    lol! No need to rant in forums. too many forum Nazi's as it is now. Let's just try to help one another as best we can.

  9. #9
    Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Join Date
    11-28-2003
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co.
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    lol! No need to rant in forums. too many forum Nazi's as it is now. Let's just try to help one another as best we can.

    what he said .. but so often ... it's flame on ... LOL
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-24-2007
    Posts
    185
    i use wise bar advance 3, and i *love* it. it provides sooo much functionality w/o the $30 price tag some of the other programs come with. great skins too.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-05-2007
    Posts
    26
    Another free one that is small is Magic Button which I used for the longest time, until I discovered Spc Pocket Plus 4.0 (Not free - but you can trial it for 15 days)

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-04-2006
    Location
    S.W. Indiana
    Posts
    51
    WkTask has this functionality.

    QuickMenu (which I use) can do this as well as some other neat things like organizing the Start Menu.

  13. #13
    iPwn da iPhone... Trinergy's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-28-2005
    Location
    Illy Philly
    Posts
    422
    HTC Has a nice X-Button Closer app. Check out this link it is for the 8525 but it should work on any device. THere are other apps that might or might not work on i760 feel free to try:

    RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

    In fact I dont know what program it is apart of but HTC's task manager makes it easy to close, switch, and manage open apps. It might apart of the HTC home plugin that you can find on xda-developer's site.

  14. #14
    Cornfused MGuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,810
    I used magic button for a long time but now I use but now I use Inclose .. both are free! I like InClose's feature that allow you to define actions to a stylus swipe from the corner.. I have it set to horizontal swipe to rotate screen, diagonal swipe to invoke the Today screen and vertical swipe to pull up the task menu...
    Mark

    Edit: I typed the name wrong.. its InClose with an "I"
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 11-15-2007 at 10:28 AM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

  15. #15
    PJD
    Join Date
    09-12-2007
    Posts
    16
    Where can I find the EnClose software?

  16. #16
    Cornfused MGuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,810
    sorry the name of the app is InClose, sorry for the typo
    The developers website seems to be gone but you can get the app here:
    FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: InClose Mobile: Express Edition v5.0
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinergy View Post
    HTC Has a nice X-Button Closer app. Check out this link it is for the 8525 but it should work on any device. THere are other apps that might or might not work on i760 feel free to try:

    RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

    In fact I dont know what program it is apart of but HTC's task manager makes it easy to close, switch, and manage open apps. It might apart of the HTC home plugin that you can find on xda-developer's site.
    I found this yesterday, too, but it won't run on the i760. There are no directions, so I might be doing something wrong.

  18. #18
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    I used magic button for a long time but now I use but now I use Inclose .. both are free! I like InClose's feature that allow you to define actions to a stylus swipe from the corner.. I have it set to horizontal swipe to rotate screen, diagonal swipe to invoke the Today screen and vertical swipe to pull up the task menu...
    Mark

    Edit: I typed the name wrong.. its InClose with an "I"
    Sounds interesting.

    Mark

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    sorry the name of the app is InClose, sorry for the typo
    The developers website seems to be gone but you can get the app here:
    FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: InClose Mobile: Express Edition v5.0
    Mark
    Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for! You can assign it to a hard button, it supports gestures, and it doesn't modify the UI. Between this and Batti, I get all of the functionality of iLauncher that I need (battery monitor and task manager) for free and with less overhead and no Today plug-in. Nice!

  20. #20
    PJD
    Join Date
    09-12-2007
    Posts
    16

    How?

    Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for! You can assign it to a hard button, it supports gestures, and it doesn't modify the UI. Between this and Batti, I get all of the functionality of iLauncher that I need (battery monitor and task manager) for free and with less overhead and no Today plug-in. Nice!
    I can't find anywhere to assign it to a hard button. Could you please explain where you found this option.

    Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts