+ Reply to Thread

prevent accidental data usage? and other i760 questions

1) i want to use wifi only for browsing the web. but, the rep at verizon said that the i760 will automatically go from wifi to data if it is trying to download something big, for example. is there any way to cripple the data usage on the i760 to prevent such a thing from happening?

2) has anyone seen a good metal case for the i760 (one that doesnt have a belt clip - or at least a belt clip that can be easily removed?) innopocket made a great one for my axim x51v, but now that im converging, i need something durable for the i760. any suggestions?

3) any comments on the verizon insurance plans for the i760 would be appreciated.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daverose808 View Post
    1) i want to use wifi only for browsing the web. but, the rep at verizon said that the i760 will automatically go from wifi to data if it is trying to download something big, for example. is there any way to cripple the data usage on the i760 to prevent such a thing from happening?

2) has anyone seen a good metal case for the i760 (one that doesnt have a belt clip - or at least a belt clip that can be easily removed?) innopocket made a great one for my axim x51v, but now that im converging, i need something durable for the i760. any suggestions?

3) any comments on the verizon insurance plans for the i760 would be appreciated.
    1. see this link:Is there any way to prevent it from connecting to BroadbandAccess

2. Try these threads:
    Broken Belt Clip / Holster - How long did yours last?

The i760 Case Thread...

3.Your on your own

Welcome to the forum.

You may want to try and do a search and if you cant find what you need create seperate threads for your topics.

Good luck

Mark

Easy answer:

Call Verizon and ask for a data block.