+ Reply to Thread

PhoneAlarm Skin Request

I have searched the PhoneAlarm skins area, and also read through the PhoneAlarm skins forum, and I can't seem to find the skin I am looking for. I have read that I should be able to create my own skin, by modifying an existing one, but the task seems daunting, and since I don't imagine this would be a skill I would use often, I'm not excited about taking the time to learn how to do this.

So I am posting here, in the hope that someone has either already done this work, and can point me in the right direction, or that someone familiar with skin modification could take the time to help me out.

I would like the "Joel_Full" skin modified as follows:

--remove the SMS box, sliding the e-mail box and the bluetooth box to the left

--add a Wi-Fi toggle/status box (that would work like the bluetooth toggle/status box does now) at the far right

I am guessing this would be child's play to someone familiar with skinning, and that the effort would be appreciated not only by me, but also by many i760 and other PDA phone users.

Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

Edit: If it would be easier, or if you think more people would want the skin this way, an alternative would be to split the Bluetooth Box in half, adding a Wi-Fi Toggle to the bottom half of that box. Thanks.
    Last edited by Andyw2100; 11-15-2007 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyw2100 View Post
    I have searched the PhoneAlarm skins area, and also read through the PhoneAlarm skins forum, and I can't seem to find the skin I am looking for. I have read that I should be able to create my own skin, by modifying an existing one, but the task seems daunting, and since I don't imagine this would be a skill I would use often, I'm not excited about taking the time to learn how to do this.

So I am posting here, in the hope that someone has either already done this work, and can point me in the right direction, or that someone familiar with skin modification could take the time to help me out.

I would like the "Joel_Full" skin modified as follows:

--remove the SMS box, sliding the e-mail box and the bluetooth box to the left

--add a Wi-Fi toggle/status box (that would work like the bluetooth toggle/status box does now) at the far right

I am guessing this would be child's play to someone familiar with skinning, and that the effort would be appreciated not only by me, but also by many i760 and other PDA phone users.

Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

Edit: If it would be easier, or if you think more people would want the skin this way, an alternative would be to split the Bluetooth Box in half, adding a Wi-Fi Toggle to the bottom half of that box. Thanks.
    You might find you'll get a better response by posting this over at pocketmax.net's forum than here.

Thanks.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com