+ Reply to Thread

New to PDA Phones couple of questions

I just bought a new i760. Like it alot. Have a couple of questions.

1) Last night I tried to use the phone in the dark in the car and couldnt figure out how to get the phone keypad to illuminate without pressing a button which I couldnt see anyway.

2) I have 2 sections on my homepage with Day time and Date. They are right below.above one another. I want to get rid of one. Anyone know how to do this?

Get rid of the extra date by going to: "Today Settings" using the right soft key on the today screen. Click on "items" at the bottom of the screen and you can tell it to turn off one or the other.

I have the same issue with the keypad. I usually just pick a key, any key, and then clear it using the CLR button. Lately though, I've just been dialing using voice activation... a really slick feature worth reading about. You can also push the upper button on the right and say HELP and learn to use it that way.
    converging can be hard...

Thnaks for the info. I tried to delete the clock and date but they both disappeared. I basically have 2 clocks and 2 dates on the today screen I unchecked the clock and date and all 4 of them dleted. I want to have one of each on the today page though

you mean you have the same clock and date section duplicated? What apps have you installed? If you really haven't installed anything, I would probably just hard reset.

Yep. One clock is real big. The other is really small but both are full bars across the width of the phone. I have only outlook sync for work installed. If I hard reset do I have to reconnect my gmail and outlook?

How about a screen shot?

how do i do that?

Free screen shot program can be found here.

Install it on your device then put here so we can see what you are talking about. This should give us a better clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Edjf View Post
    Yep. One clock is real big. The other is really small but both are full bars across the width of the phone. I have only outlook sync for work installed. If I hard reset do I have to reconnect my gmail and outlook?
    I think you must have unchecked both the clock and the date check boxes. The clock check box gives you the huge clock. The date check box gives you day, date, time in a smaller bar. Check one or the other, but not both.

ok thanks. Dumb question now. Where do I uncheck that clock

Ok so I went in to the clock settings and unchecked the clock. It worked. Big digital clock is gone and the smaller clock day date is still at the top of the screen. Just what I wanted. Thanks wtherrell