+ Reply to Thread

Security Software

I'm looking for some type of security software in the event that I no longer have my phone in possession. One option someone mentioned was Warden from http://www.lockmymobile.com. Does anybody have any experience with that software or other software that will protect data and offer other security measures in the event a phone is lost or stolen.

Remote Protect

Remote Protect seems like a great program...I have only used it in testing modes and have not had to do a real world test...fortunately. If you ever lose your phone it allows you to send an SMS to your phone that will lock it untill a password is entered or it can be set up to wipe out all the information, including whats on the memory card.

Mike

Just found another possibility made by Sprite: Sprite Terminator - $14.95

Very interesting. I'd like to see some reviews on this....
    Jeremiah 29:11

I wound up buying Sprite Terminator. Money back guarantee so I figured not a big deal - especially for $14.

The documentation is not great. That's usually not a huge issue but with security software that has the potential of locking up your phone . . . well, one hard reset later and I'm learning a couple of lessons.

I installed the software and sent an SMS message to lock the phone. It worked perfectly accept I had no idea what the unlock password was. Not sure where I goofed up but like I said, bad documentation.

Additionally, I had hoped that the GPS locating mechanism (where the location of the phone can be displayed in Google Maps) was using the built in (sort of) GPS. Nope. On our phone you need it associated with an external GPS so that pretty much makes that feature useless.

More later.