+ Reply to Thread
    "WM2003SE fanatic..." RedBaronK's Avatar

Cant turn internet off... WTF

my old i730 all I had to do was hit the end key twice and the internet turned off...... ummm with the i760 no matter how many times I hit the end key the internet is staying on. as stupid as this is, can someone please tell me how to end the internet connection so that I dont drain all the battery when not using the internet?

other than that, i love this phone......
    Mr. Belding's on speed dial #3, right after Screech.

Registered User/Squirrel Master sdittmar's Avatar
    I think its a "dormant" or "power save" type connection, I dont think its actually constantly transmitting any data, so not sure how much more, if any, battery is used when "connected" vs when you disconnect between times when you actually use it
    But to disconnect all you have to do is click the EV (or 1X) icon and a bubble should pop up with a disconnect button.
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

thats the funny part..... with the i730 if you clicked the EV button the disconnect button showed up.... however with the i760 there are no bubble with disconnect buttons.

this is really puzzling to say the least..... what if while its connected to the internet i cant receive my phone calls?

Well on my phone, which is the i760, when I tap the EV icon it does pop a bubble up with a disconnect button... To be clear, I am referring to the square that says "EV" in it and sits at the top next to the Antenna signal icon. And, to be further clear just in case, tapping the Antenna signal icon with the bars is not the same, and brings up a different bubble and will not have a disconnect button.
    So with that in mind, if you click the EV/1X icon, does it bring up any bubble at all? If it does, what does it say in the bubble?

The other option is to open the wireless manager in it's Menu you'll find a "Disconnect Cellular Data" option. Note that if you aren't currently in an active data session, the "Phone" section in the manager will say "On" as opposed to "Broadband Access". Also, the "Disconnect Cellular Data" option is disabled (grayed out) if you do not currently have an active phone data connection.
    Last edited by sdittmar; 11-16-2007 at 12:46 AM. Reason: correction

Also, have you tried a soft reset?

it worked! i hit the EV icon instead of the data transfer logo (the arrows) and i found it.... thx for the help bro... this phone takes time getting used to

Nice, you're welcome