+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Icontacts

Icontacts

New here...love the board! I have Icontacts, pretty kewl, but is there anything similar that u can bring up the contact, and hit the call button and it will dial? I thought that was the point! On mine, I cant pull up a contact in icontacts, and dial directlly from call button.

Registered User/Squirrel Master sdittmar's Avatar
    You might look into Touch Commander (it doesnt inertia scroll, sorry, didn't look into icontacts before replying)
    It's $15 but you can put contacts, apps, or folders in each cell of the grid and can change the number of cells shown on each page etc. You just click the contact, which can have the contacts picture and/or name displayed, and it will dial them. Tap and hold the contact to get a whole slew of options.
    Pretty slick interface and runs smooth. I'm still trying it out in the 15 day trial, myself, but I'm seriously considering purchasing it already.

Otherwise, in the Contacts that comes with the phone, if you cursor down to highlight a specific person and hit the phone/send hard button it will dial their number... use right and left on the dpad to change which number of theirs to dial. You cant inertia scroll with the dpad, but if you hold down or up for a second or two it will flip through the letters of the alphabet and you let go when you get to the letter you need to go to. Not quite the same but saves time when you're going to the P names.
    Last edited by sdittmar; 11-16-2007 at 01:04 AM.
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Quote Originally Posted by canecbr600 View Post
    New here...love the board! I have Icontacts, pretty kewl, but is there anything similar that u can bring up the contact, and hit the call button and it will dial? I thought that was the point! On mine, I cant pull up a contact in icontacts, and dial directlly from call button.
    I'm trial testing FunContact from Vito. It's kinda sexy too! I like it mostly because it's ONLY for contact management, and it does have the inertial scrolling. Not only can you dial directly from a contact, but you can send an email or SMS message - the way it should be.

http://vitotechnology.com/en/product...t-manager.html