+ Reply to Thread

Using i760 Contacts to Make a Call

I have a bit of a grievance with how we have to look up contacts, and maybe it's b/c I haven't figured something out. But, how come when we do a hyper-search it doesn't just search the first letter of the first name and so forth? This is how regular cell phones do it and this would be more convenient when trying to find a name to call. Please tell me I'm overlooking something.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by hyper search. I do know that the search system is predictive. just start to hit the numbers as if you were spelling the name you were after and you will get what your after. That is if you wanted say .....Sammie you would start with 7 - 2 -6 etc. Hope this helps.
    -Jonas

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Yep. The more letters of the name you type, the more the i760 narrows the search. I don't know what you mean by hyper search either.

There are only two differences I can think of between how the i760s contact search works and that of regular cell phones I've had.

1. The i760 uses something like T9 for contact lookup. This is great because you don't have to keep hit 7 four times to get an S.

2. The i760 searches against any names (or words) in the contact field. I think this is a great feature too. Sometimes you don't remember or can't spell a last name.