+ Reply to Thread

Stream Your Media using MyCast.orb.com?

I was just watching a video on cnet, where they were using mycast.orb.com to stream media (videos, pictures and music) from a PC to a TV using a wii. In the video, they said that you can use mycast.orb.com to also stream to a mobile device.

Question has anybody tried to use this service yet and if so... how do it work?

Thanks!

Again, the website is Orb

I use it and it works great. The only thing I don't love is that if you try to jump ahead in a video it seems to make the stream stop and I have to hit play a few times before it reconnects and starts to stream again. And when I stream to my Wii, there is a progress bar in the video player but I can't seem to click it and jump ahead in the movie. But I don't stream to my Wii often and that doesn't really relate to the i760...=)

Give it a try...it's free and it really works. I've streamed videos of my home WiFi as well as VZ network and both play wonderfully!

Orb works great if you have the media already on your computer. I downloaded the program back when I first got my 6700 and it worked great even on that phone. I would say it's a "GO". You can stream your music library, photo's (tho I don't know why you would want to), and you movies.

Good: stream quality is great, works on any computer or phone, just goto the website and login
    Bad: you have to leave your home PC on

I would have to add to the praise for the orb program. I purchased an external cable converter for my computer and I used to watch tv all over the place on my phone. Worked wonderfully.
    It is kind of fun to try the impossible.