+ Reply to Thread

Keep Alive for Broadband Connection

I am new here so forgive me if I missed this answer.
    Is there a program or setting where I can keep alive my broadband connection.

IM+ keeps on having to reconnect as I am guessing my broadband connection is dropping due to inactivity.

Any Ideas?

Use a registry editor like PHM EditorPHM Registry Editor : Pocket PC Edition

Then go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\connections\Broadband Access

Change the "AlwaysOn" dword value from "0" to "1"

Softreset

*This hack maintains an internet connection, making "dialing up" a thing of the past!

By the way I figured this out from a post on ppc6700users.com, it was a little different on the i760, but was a good guide.

Tom

I think I got from this site a program full of hacks for you and that was there when I had my ppc6700. I am going to try and work this now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong316 View Post
    I think I got from this site a program full of hacks for you and that was there when I had my ppc6700. I am going to try and work this now.

Thanks
    Yea, at the end of my post I acknowledge ppc6700 as being a help.

Keep alive hack

I tried the hack and it didn't work for me. My broadband connection disconnects constantly, every 15 seconds or so. Are other people having the same problem?