+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beeping Every 30 Seconds

This is probably just me being a retard, but every time someone calls me they hear a short beep every 30 seconds or so. They say it sounds like call waiting on their end but I hear nothing. At first I thought it was my wifes phone, but today I've had 4 different callers tell me the same thing. PLEASE HELP!

I'm experiencing the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.
    Sure don't know what I'm goin' for
    But I'm gonna go for it for sure.
    -- John Perry Barlow --

do you have your minute beep on?

No minute beep. I just got off the phone with Verizon and they have nothing in the database. He called the phone 5 times. 3 from a land line and 2 from a test cell he had. He heard the beep on 1 of the cell calls. I haven't found a pattern to this yet since I don't hear the beeps myself. The tech call didn't really solve anything. We changed the few settings that might be somewhere close to making sense in this situation and nothing helped. He is sending a letter to Samsung and said unless he gets a reply sooner, he will call me back on Sunday. The only things I have installed are resco and handyswitcher. Any thoughts?

Eldersoul, have you noticed the beep when there aren't any indicators lit? (ie, voicemail, text message, email, etc.)
    -- John Perry Barlow --

Correct. No indicators or notifications of any sort. No missed calls, sms, mms, email. No blue tooth devises on, connected, or even near the unit.

Ok. I have finally replicated this from my desk phone(land line). The beeps happen at random. Sometimes they happen back to back. I had to call the phone like 8 times before it happened but it did happen. Very strange.

i730 Beeping call thread

Haven't seen this much on the i760, but peruse this thread from the i730 forum to see if there are any helpful answers there.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Well, I have read all ten pages of that big friggin thread and the only thing I got out of it is to turn voice privacy off. Seems this is either a failure of the phone to sever its data connection or an issue with VC accessing the mic. Either way it only happens on the verizon network and it makes me mad.

Yep, I read it too. Was hoping for a solid resolution, but it appears that one doesn't exist. What a bummer.
    -- John Perry Barlow --

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Just do what I do ... I tell them it must be their phone ... LOL

Sorry ... couldn't help it ... thought some levity might help here
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

eldersoul,

When you did your test call, did you have the i760 in your hand?

When my boss had a i730 this would always happen. We discovered that he was hitting a button while he was talking and only the person on the other end would hear the beep.

Might be worth trying to see if you can get it to happen with the phone just sitting on your desk.

RedAntArmy

::Edited for me being a cranky butt::
    Last edited by eldersoul; 11-30-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldersoul View Post
    That is because your boss is retarded and he kept hitting the voice button. Holding that causes an identical beep. Really, If you think you have an "idea" please read the crazy long thread referenced in a previous post. Thanks anyway though.
    Wow, not too cool. He/she is just trying to help YOU.

Sorry for the cranky reply but I've spent the last 5+ hours researching this matter and I can't tell you how many of those suggestions I've seen. Forgive me.

Well... I've returned this unit yet again, with some success I might add. I've found that the issue with my old unit was that if the VC button gets pressed once, even for the slightest moment, the phone starts to beep. It would then beep on all subsequent calls whether or not the VC button had beep depressed. My new unit will beep for the duration of one call if I press and hold the VC button for about 3 seconds. All calls after that are just fine. This is a marked improvement, but still rather frustrating. Maybe someday this issue will be fixed... Maybe.

Edit: I've also noticed this issue occurring when trying to use VC to dial someone after just finishing a conversation (phone program still on screen).

I had the same problem, unmapped my voice command button, did a soft reset, and all was well.

I'd like to do that but I use VC constantly. Did you map it to another button or do you just not use it?

The only time I need to use it, I have my headset on. The button on my headset still works with it, so I don't need a hardware button.

I was afraid of that... crap crackers... Forgive me for being lazy but what program did u use for remapping?