+ Reply to Thread

ActiveSync'g with Microsoft Exchage

Everything is set up and runs fine with one problem. I can't figure out how to get my email inbox sub-folders on my exchange server to be sync'd into my Outlook mobile. It literature it implies that WM6 can do this via ActiveSync v4.5, but I am just not figuring out how to make this work.

Anyone have any guidance for me? Thanks in advance!

You can do it via ActiveSync but it's just as easy to do it on the device itself. Go into Messaging and select your Outlook account. Then click Menu>Tools>Manage Folders and select accordingly. I forget exactly how to do it via ActiveSync but I think you click on email and then Settings. But if you do it via the device it will update ActiveSync anyway.

Note that even though it'll sync your subfolders, you won't get notification of new mail that comes into you subfolder...just your main Inbox folder...

This is so annoying...but I've learned to live with it...

Thanks for the help!

I know i am but what are you?
    MegsFolks, did you get your questions resolved?

I had issues as i just installed EXChange 2003 Sync yesterday.

Any folder i create on the Exchange Server (in the same hirearchy as the inbox) shows up, without contents. Create the folder on Exchange, do a Sync on your phone.
    Then.
    On the Phone, open OUTLOOK email, go to Menu, TOOLS, Manage Folders where you can see the inbox, as well as other folders, (i created one called Old Messages/AW.
    From there i check the folder, then do a Send/receive and...voila, the contents magically appear.

I started here
    Exchange 2003 Active Sync -

and if i tried connecting the phone to the pc before installing things didn't work.

Also, was weird, i setup and actually was able to install SMS message PUSH, then i was testing the Remote Wipe Feature from Exchange (it works great, even wiped my SD Card, Which was a bummer).
    Re-installed but the second time i didn't have to install the SMS (and it wouldn't let me) for Push.

The first sync i had to do connected to the PC, but now it all syncs via wireless activesync.