+ Reply to Thread

Password protection for Outlook Notes

Believe me I've searched this one...

Short of buying a wallet type program, is there an application that allows individual Notes in Outlook (or the whole folder, for that matter) to be password encrypted?

In Palm Memos, the closest thing to Notes, there was the option to apply a system password to individual Memos, thus enabling a safe way to store credit cards, bank account numbers, and other sensitive information.

Great question. I have been looking for a program like this also. I don't want to have to type in a password everytime I look at a note, but I would like to keep certain notes secure. Hope someone knows of such a program.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    For passwords and bank info you really need sw like eWallet.
    Dont use somthing like notes.

I second the recommendation for eWallet. It includes both a WM client and a PC client, and syncs encrypted user data between the two.

Note, IIRC the Palm system password does not encrypt data on the Palm. It's merely a mechanism for controlling (one form of) access to the device. There are other ways of getting to the data on a Palm that easily bypass this password. I would recommend you never store credit cards, bank accounts, or other sensitive data on a Palm without a true encryption program.

If you think you might need Blackberry support at some point, though, FlexWallet is the best way to go. SplashData also has a BB client. Just FYI

I ended up buying Spb Wallet. I already had 3 other Spb pgrams so compatbility seems likely. I like the way it works & price was the same as eWallet.