+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sofa king we todd did superdave's Avatar

Samsung I760 Exposed

Below are images taken with the back cover off of the phone. The back cover is very easy to remove. Simply remove all 6 screws and gently pry around the lip to remove the back.

,Dave

Producer/Engineer Composer/Musician Toph's Avatar
    Awesome! Thanks...
    Peace,
    Toph

Well, 30 secs in Google shows that the chipset is indeed not revA compatible, for what that's worth....

MSM6500 Chipset Solution

Quote Originally Posted by illrigger View Post
    Well, 30 secs in Google shows that the chipset is indeed revA compatible, for what that's worth....

MSM6500 Chipset Solution
    See the other thread, it is actually not 1xEV-DO rev A compatible. It is 1x Rel A not 1xEv-DO Rel A. The later being the important one.

,Dave

Yeah, I saw you post a bit too late and corrected myself. I saw the 1x Rev.A and got overecited

Heh, I did the same thing, was really hoping it was.

,Dave

Is this good or bad? Not sure what you are telling us.

stuff like this makes this site scary. 99.9% or less of the regulars here could never even think of taking the cover off. let alone do it. obviously there are few guys here with serious talent. the talent level drops fater those few. i would not know rev-1A from a horses ass.
    then you have threads like the threaded SMS where there are instructions on re-doing the regedit of the phone. Again one mistake and presto your phone is toast and your warranty void. I myself am disappointed in the 760. it is flat out cheaply made. the VZW accessories are just plain cheap and the browser sucks big time. 1 big plus over the 730 is that it is easier and safer to dial while driving. my vzw desktop charger stand melted and ruined my first 760. they sent me a new one phone stand everything which was nice. so now I guess I'll take the back off it/just kidding. no ability here.

Can you explain what steps you took to remove the casing? More specifically, do you know how to take off the front? I need to know for my own reasons.

Thanks in advance!

how do you remove the front of the phone? I need to fix something on mine...

sorry.. didn't mean to post twice... posting from my phone and did not see my first response...

If you were hoping for the faster Rev A data speeds it is bad. If the speeds you have now are fine then it does not really matter.

,Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rthrfly View Post
    Is this good or bad? Not sure what you are telling us.

I have not removed the front yet, so I cannot speak to that. For the back there are 6 screws that need to be removed. 4 are visible under the battery and 2 are under the plugs at the top. There are no sticker covered screws and no apparent way of knowing that you opened it. Once the screws are removed, if you pry with your fingernails underneath the lip at the microsd slot you can see where it starts to separate. After the first snap using just your fingers you can work you way around the casing until it pops off.

Quote Originally Posted by bezworks View Post
    Can you explain what steps you took to remove the casing? More specifically, do you know how to take off the front? I need to know for my own reasons.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I have not removed the front yet, so I cannot speak to that. For the back there are 6 screws that need to be removed. 4 are visible under the battery and 2 are under the plugs at the top. There are no sticker covered screws and no apparent way of knowing that you opened it. Once the screws are removed, if you pry with your fingernails underneath the lip at the microsd slot you can see where it starts to separate. After the first snap using just your fingers you can work you way around the casing until it pops off.
    i see you got a i760 to play with.

Tmd
    who knew a little silicon and plastic could do so much

Welcome back SuperDave! After years on wonderful advice on i730, it is good to see you back on this forum. Though I switched to HTC Kaiser, I am always checking in on this forum for real WM6 innovations.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDemarco View Post
    Again one mistake and presto your phone is toast and your warranty void. I myself am disappointed in the 760. it is flat out cheaply made.
    I don't know what phone you are using, but my i760 is the most sturdy PocketPC phone I have ever used. I understand that a bunch of people got used to the i730 interface, but times change!

The sliding keyboard is still strong after 2 1/2 months of use, the screen has no problems and all the keys are still as functional as the day I got it.

I'll agree the holster was a complete flop and mine broke within 2 minutes of opening it, but the rest of the Samsung is amazing.

And no offense but how do you plan on "toasting" your phone???? I messed up the registry yesterday and a quick hard reset and it was just like the day I got it. Of course you really should not take your phone apart, that might toast it!!!

Heh, yeah leave taking the phone apart to me. You guys paid for this phone so I have no worries with it. The thread is kinda drifting, but, real quick I would agree it is very solid. I too miss the keyboard in the i730, was definitely the best layout. But, as soon as I get t9 going this one will be pretty good too.

To all those welcoming me back. Thanks! I really never left, this has always been my favorite forum. I am with Sprint right now, cant beat SERO. But, I plan on getting this phone working with them. Right now i'm using the mogul and playing with the i760.

,Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ryncppr View Post
    I don't know what phone you are using, but my i760 is the most sturdy PocketPC phone I have ever used. I understand that a bunch of people got used to the i730 interface, but times change!

The sliding keyboard is still strong after 2 1/2 months of use, the screen has no problems and all the keys are still as functional as the day I got it.

I'll agree the holster was a complete flop and mine broke within 2 minutes of opening it, but the rest of the Samsung is amazing.

And no offense but how do you plan on "toasting" your phone???? I messed up the registry yesterday and a quick hard reset and it was just like the day I got it. Of course you really should not take your phone apart, that might toast it!!!

Thanks Dave! How do you plan to get T9 on the phone? When you do, will you let us know and how you did it? Thanks!

Heh, yeah leave taking the phone apart to me. You guys paid for this phone so I have no worries with it. The thread is kinda drifting, but, real quick I would agree it is very solid. I too miss the keyboard in the i730, was definitely the best layout. But, as soon as I get t9 going this one will be pretty good too.

To all those welcoming me back. Thanks! I really never left, this has always been my favorite forum. I am with Sprint right now, cant beat SERO. But, I plan on getting this phone working with them. Right now i'm using the mogul and playing with the i760.

,Dave
    Hey Superdave. T9 on the i760? Cool. if you can do that with the i760 do you think that would be possible to transfer the abillity over to the i730? I guess no more i730 for you then huh...and dreams of WM6?:/

I agree about the i730 layout, which is why i'm looking forward to the SGH-760 when its shipped after Christmas (which I'll use on AT&T most likely). Till then it's me and my beloved i730..though if they offer the SCH-i760 as a replacement for it I might just take it.
    Last edited by Dominick_7; 11-20-2007 at 12:41 AM.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916