Closed Thread

What can I do to free up some memory?

My phone keeps going to like 6-8M on Prog Memory and I don't know why? I also I have been getting some errors (voice something or other seems to be one I get a lot) when I soft boot the phone it goes up to like 18m .... I don't have much on my phone I have:
    PROGRAMS IN STORAGE MEMORY:
    TCPMP FLV Plugin
    TCPMP Media
    Windows Live 10.6.33.0600
    Sync Client
    Spb Pocket Plus
    Microsoft Live Search
    Spb Phone Suite
    Spb Mobile Shell
    Pocketx Photo Contacts PRO
    GeeksToolbox.com Sirius WM5
    VITO FunContact (demo)
    Caywen Kevtris 2
    Ilium Software Tipster
    Astraware Bejeweled 2 (demo)

Also I could have sworn I put Microsoft Live Search on my memory card if it's showing up in the program storage memory that means it's on the device right? Is there any of those programs I can move onto the card? If so is there an easy way to do it?

I noticed same problem with mine. I haven't installed any third party sotware yet. After 2 weeks of use with no extra software my memory was down to 5 meg. I did a soft reset which got it back to 30 meg. Within 2 days it dropped to 26 meg. Samsung rep told me to do Hard reset. That got back memory to 32 meg.
    I am monitoring it untill Monday. If I still lose memory I may ask for a new phone.

This could be issue with flash memory defect.

Please let me know what happens because I would HATE to have to do a Hard reset if I don't have to.

Thanks

This might be a dumb question but once you put a program on your phone do you delete the .cab file that is left in your phone or do you keep it?

I have noticed the Programs memory useage after I had to install the microsoft Compact .NET 5.0 mb but phone starts using much more ( Required with ilaunch and / Touch Commander ). Seems to me there is a huge memory leaks somewhere. After doing soft reset it works fine for some time, then again works for awhile then does not release memory back when program is closed.

No, never download cab files to the device storage, always used micro sd card.
    Sincerely,

PDA Guru

A suspected memory leak on the i760 has been reported in a couple of threads. The current open thread on this issue is located here: Free Ram size on the I760?. Let's go ahead and keep the discussion of a possible memory leak in that thread to help troubleshoot the issue. I'm going to close this thread.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)