Closed Thread

Can you put ring tones on memory card or should you put on device?

I was just wondering I have all my ring tones stored on my device could I free up some memory and make a ring tone file on my memory card and have the rings work off of that or do I have to keep the ring tone file on the main memory?

You can definitely put the ringtones on your memory card. But for my memory card I found that it is slower to access the ringtone from the memory card. So when someone calls... they will hear about 5 rings before I hear my phone start to ring, so it will go to voicemail after a much shorter time. Perhaps if your memory card is faster? But I'm not sure about this. So what I do is I save all of my ringtones on my memory card, but when I want to use a particular one/ones, I'll switch those over to the main memory.

Has anyone else found this to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnP007 View Post
    I was just wondering I have all my ring tones stored on my device could I free up some memory and make a ring tone file on my memory card and have the rings work off of that or do I have to keep the ring tone file on the main memory?
    For stability and performance, leave it in main memory. But I'd suggest editing the file to at most 30 seconds. Especially if you use a backup program to backup the entire device.

The subject of where to place ringtones has been addressed in a few threads in this forum, as well as in many threads in the i730/i830 forum. A search of the SCH-i760 forum for the terms "ringtone" and "memory" turned up the following thread that is right on point:

Ring-tones on microSD?

Please remember to search before starting a new thread.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)