+ Reply to Thread

Can't map a drive on my network :(

Hello!!! New to the forum and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I come from the land of Treo650p. I loved that device however after two years it was starting to show it's age (although it still has better resolution). Anyway, I absolutely love my i760 especially since I just got bluetooth teathering to work!!!

My question: I can't seem to map a drive whilst on my network at home. I'm connected accross WI-FI and I can see my network, I can even RDP into my other PCs and servers. When I try to map a drive however, it comes back and asks me to authenticate using my USER NAME / PASSWORD / DOMAIN. I do so and it just jumps back to the same screen with a blank password. It's almost as if it thinks my password is incorrect. When I hit cancel it says, either network path is not found or password is incorrect.

What's strange is I don't think it's even attempting to authenticate against my Active Directory becasue if I tried to map more than three times on any other PC with a password problem it would have locked out my account but with the i760 it's not doing this.

Anyone have any ideas? I heard somebody accross the web mentioning a similar problem on WM5 he believed it had something to do with WEP on the WI-FI.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Try Total Commander (free). I don't know if you can do what you want with just File Explorer.

New Mexico (yes that's in the USA & the water is drinkable)
    I wasn't able to map a drive but I was able to browse the network ...

I connected thru wifi opened up PIE and put in

\\computername\C$

I authenticated with a domain admin account and was able to poke around on said pc ...

you were doing this at home & not at work???

are you using AD @ home?
    Last edited by MikeDaGeek; 11-18-2007 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaGeek View Post
    I wasn't able to map a drive but I was able to browse the network ...

I connected thru wifi opened up PIE and put in

\\computername\C$

I authenticated with a domain admin account and was able to poke around on said pc ...

you were doing this at home & not at work???

are you using AD @ home?

Yes, I'm using AD at home. I'm a server engeneer by trade and I have a lab envirnment set up at home.

I still am having this problem. I donloaded a driving mapping utility however it craps out at the same spot that file explorer does, the authenticatation applet.

Nobody else has seen this issue? MikeDaGeek, when you browsed your PC via IE did you have WEP enabled on your WI-FI network? Also, was your PC wide open or do you have a domain? If it's wide open I don't think that will help me much because it would skip the authentication process.

I can also 'log on' and browse my shares as described above via PIE
    (which then switches to File Explorer). Looks like it's possible to "copy"
    and 'paste' the file to my storage card, then find something to open it.

Is it possible to open a file across the network? It'd be nice to access
    my desktop's music files from the phone.

No resolution huh? I just ran into this problem last night. I have two servers. One is a web/ftp/dns server and the other is the DC/dns. I have a small collection of music on the web server's hdd and stream that to my phone from time to time. Connecting to that share is no problem whatsoever, even with regular old file explorer. I decieded, however, that since the DC has much more storage space that I wanted to move the files to it's share. Sure enough... No authentication. I don't know what the deal is but my logs show no failure audits related to this so I don't think it is even trying. Has anyone found a solution?
    Feathered Access -
    Free Live Mobile Television
    http://featheredaccess.com

If anyone has any updates on this it would be great. Even with 6.1 I can't map a drive. I have come accross some interesting points though......
    • I can't join my domain, that neat tool will not work with my domain.
    • I can't map any drive on my server.
    • I CAN map a drive on another workstation on my domain.

So I can't map drives that are on my networks Windows 2003 servers but I can map drives on my Windows XP workstations.

Strange huh

resco file explorer will do what you want. took me like two minutes to figgure out how to map a network drive at home with it... I don't have any urls. google it I suppose. resco file explorer 2003 was the exact name of it..