+ Reply to Thread
    dtm

Placing unique web links on Today Screen?

Is anyone aware of a simple way to put multiple icons on the Today screen representing different web sites? I'm using SpB Pocket Plus, so I have plenty of application icons on my tabs, but would love to have a tab with my favorite web sites listed as icons under the PIE tab.

Anyone? A quick set of steps would be appreciated, or if there is a 3rd party plug-in that will do this within Pocket Plus, would love to hear about it.

Thanks.

P.S. If the answer involves using a different home screen customizer, I'm not really interested. Trying to do this with my current setup.
    DTM

Yes, Journal Bar allows this.

dtm
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    Yes, Journal Bar allows this.
    Thanks, but not what I have in mind. Journal Bar offers feeds from predetermined news sites. I'm talking about simply assigining a web link of my choice to any random icon, such as my favorite political blog to an icon that I can attach to a Pocket Plus tab
    DTM

mrpacs: I saw a pic of your today screen in another post. I have been looking for a turquoise theme. Where did you get it?
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

Quote Originally Posted by dtm View Post
    Thanks, but not what I have in mind. Journal Bar offers feeds from predetermined news sites. I'm talking about simply assigining a web link of my choice to any random icon, such as my favorite political blog to an icon that I can attach to a Pocket Plus tab
    No, you can specify which URL/Websites are displayed on the Today Screen IN ADDITION to the news feeds. You definitely have the ability to enter your own websites links that will appear as their own icons directly on the Today Screen.

See the SS I took of the setup screen for it; I don't use this specific feature of Journal Bar but you have the ability to add to or delete the default websites.

Note the tabs on the bottom. This one is Called "Links".

Last edited by mrpacs; 11-18-2007 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jfourman View Post
    mrpacs: I saw a pic of your today screen in another post. I have been looking for a turquoise theme. Where did you get it?

Right-Menu, TODAY SETTING, APPEARANCE, select Windows Default. that's what I use! Good luck!

mrpacs:

Doh! I thought I had tried all of the included themes. I've been searching the theme sites for that one

Edit: Now I remember why I didn't continue using that one... I can barely tell which icon is highlighted. Is there a way to change the background on the current selection?
    Last edited by jfourman; 11-18-2007 at 04:36 PM.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

mrpacs:

Doh! I thought I had tried all of the included themes. I've been searching the theme sites for that one

Edit: Now I remember why I didn't continue using that one... I can barely tell which icon is highlighted. Is there a way to change the background on the current selection?
    LOL! Icons? What icons? Can you post your Today Screen?

mrpacs: When you navigate the Today Screen with the D-pad, the current selection (icon, tab, plugin, whatever) is highlighted using a contrasting color to the theme background color. The theme that you selected (and I want to use) has a highlight color that is barely distinguishable from the theme's background color. When I am driving and it is sunny, I can't tell what the current selection on the Today Screen is. I like the color of the theme; but want to change that selection highlight color to have greater contrast to the background.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

mrpacs: When you navigate the Today Screen with the D-pad, the current selection (icon, tab, plugin, whatever) is highlighted using a contrasting color to the theme background color. The theme that you selected (and I want to use) has a highlight color that is barely distinguishable from the theme's background color. When I am driving and it is sunny, I can't tell what the current selection on the Today Screen is. I like the color of the theme; but want to change that selection highlight color to have greater contrast to the background.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
    N.P. I understand what you are asking now, thanks for clarifying. I'm not aware of a way to change the Highlight color, sorry! I've never had trouble seeing the highlighted items.

*EDIT TdyScheme Change *may* be your solution.

Mobile-SG.com :: Memoirs of a gadget enthusiast

I don't know if this is what your trying to do but you gave me the idea and it worked (thank you) so I hope this is what you ment.
    I also have all the spd programs so I went to my tab with all my programs and I "added" a file... and then found where my fav. web files where and then added it... for example I wanted a YouTube Pocket icon so I could get to in in 1 step insted of 2. Before I would have to click on IE then go to fav. then click on YouTube Pocket. Now I just go to my tab and click on the YouTube Pocket (I changed the icon to be a movie reel) and it works perfect.

dtm
    BINGO!!!!

That's it! Exactly what I was looking for. Journal Bar (and I appreciate the info, mrpacs) offers a lot of features, but was too much software and too much to pay just to get the 'links' section that I wanted.

What you've described is simple and works like a charm. Now I can one-click from the Today screen to get sports scores, hit my favorite sites, etc. Perfect!!! Thanks for the help
    DTM

dtm
    Next question:

ANyone know where/how to add extra icons to choose from for Pocket Plus? I have three sets right now under the headings "Custom", "Standard", and "Spb Programs". Any way to add another library, or add to existing libraries? ANd any referrals to icon libraries online?

Thanks
    DTM

No thank you for giving me that idea.. after I figured that out I just made a new tab (I now have 6) and just added links of the web sites I go to. I too wish we could take pictures and use them for icons.. so I hope someone answeres your 2nd question

Thanks

I also want to say thank you for the idea of a PIE favorites tab for P+. It's going to be a great time saver. Just when I think I am getting the most benefit from P+, another great use is identified.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

dtm
    I've already loaded up a tab with my top 10 web sites and can now one-click from the Today screen, a real home run for efficiency. I don't have a screen capture program, otherwise I'd post it and show you.

I did find a great source for additional icons for Pocket Plus, it's on their web site forums, here is the link...have to sign up (free) for an account on SPB club, then navigate to the forum for Pocket Plus, and there is a sticky thread right at the top with some great guys who have created massive icon sets and made them available for download. They worked like a charm for me....
    Good Luck!
    Spb Club
    DTM