+ Reply to Thread

Problem with Media Player/headphones (Samsung SCH-I760)

Help...When I us the media player and use my headphones my phone goes into Voice recognition and trys to dial the last person in my call list. I am using normal headphones. It keeps trying to dial or keeps trying to access Voice recogniton.

Thanks in Advance if you can help.

me too!!! exact same thing....
    what's up????

adapter problem

I have the same exact problem! I have done everything to try to stop it. I bought a simple jack adapter. I thought it might have something to do with that but I guess not. Even if you disable voice command all together, it just turns itself back on.

Any ideas? Anyone?

I don't have a fix for you other than what I did. I simply turned off the voice recognition in the system settings when I want to listen to music or watch a movie. It didn't turn back on for me though so it works, just sucks to go through the process several times a day.

Definitely a problem that needs to be addressed because I noticed if I put my plug all the way in it is only mono so I actually have to pull it back out a bit to get true stereo. Anyone else getting that?
    Last edited by privatelogic; 11-22-2007 at 10:37 AM.

I've read in other threads that 3rd party headphones can cause the phone to begin dialing. I have an adapter that allows me to attach 3.5mm headphones to the i760 and it caused the phone to activate but not dial. I mostly use the Samsung headphones that came with my i730 and they work perfectly. I think you can order them from Samsung.

yes, i have been using an adapter and yes, if the adapter is all the way seated only one earphone plays. i too have to move the adapter back out a bit to get stereo. turning off voice commands, for me, does not work. it turns itself back on when the adapter is seated. interestingly, once in a while, the problem doesn't occur....i must just get lucky then and have it seated just right.

problem solved!
    it was the adapter.
    verizon has a 3.5 to 2.5 mm adapter that works. it has 3 black rings on the plug as opposed to just 2 black rings on the adapter that was causing all the trouble.
    no longer does my phone try to dial out each time i plug in the headphones to listen to music.