+ Reply to Thread
    Nerd Herd

Alerts through Bluetooth

I am sorry if this is a repost but I searched and could not find an answer to this question. Is there any way to have your custom ringtones sound through your bluetooth headset and also for your text message, mms message and e-mail alerts to sound through it as well. I am using a Jawbone

Nerd Herd
    Nobody has any ideas or has experienced this issue?

not sure but i think this depends a lot on your bluetooth device....and i don't know of any that will do this.

My Motorola Q used to send rings and alerts through my Motorola Bluetooth headset but the i760 has so far not done so in one week of use.

I think you can enable this through voice command.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

I'm also coming from a MotoQ and have been dissapointed that I can't send the incoming call ringtones through the headset. I've yet to explore the utility to send all audio through bluetooth... perhaps that will be a sufficient workaround(assuming it automatically activates when there's a bluetooth connection, which I don't think it does.)
    Sure don't know what I'm goin' for
    But I'm gonna go for it for sure.
    -- John Perry Barlow --

Nerd Herd
    thanks for the replies guys, I too came from the Q

My biggest issue is txt, mms, e-mails because even though I have the device set to vibrate too, I would like to know 1. the type of message I just received and 2.that I actually received one as I don't always feel the phone vibrate or hear it

Nerd Herd
    bumping this

has nobody found a solution to this, they aren't experiencing it, or does it just not bother anyone else
    Last edited by GTiceman; 12-29-2007 at 10:51 PM.

Nerd Herd
    has anybody addressed this yet

I too came from the Q and this issue of no alerts is really irritating. I was told on another forum that the issue is a bug in the Windows OS. I tried the BTAudio utilities that were suggested elsewhere but all they will do is allow Media Player to send the music to the headset but not any of the alerts. I hope someone finds a solution to this problem.

could i hear music through a bluetooth headset and is there a bluetooth gps headset since my sprint touch cannt give google or yahoo my gps info..

It is possible if you have the correct bluetooth headset. I had a plantronics 600 which worked great with my old Q but not with either my Treo or i760. I just bought the Plantronics 855 and it works great with all alerts and sounds from the phone. So I guess you just need a headset capable of stereo bluetooth. I like the 855 because it can be one ear or two ears for true stereo sound and it sounds great.
    Paul Eric Norwood, M.Ed

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue."
    --Dilbert

Quote Originally Posted by PENorwood View Post
    It is possible if you have the correct bluetooth headset. I had a plantronics 600 which worked great with my old Q but not with either my Treo or i760. I just bought the Plantronics 855 and it works great with all alerts and sounds from the phone. So I guess you just need a headset capable of stereo bluetooth. I like the 855 because it can be one ear or two ears for true stereo sound and it sounds great.
    Thanks for the info PEN. So you are saying that with the Plantronics 855 you hear your ringtones through the headset when you receive a call? How about call anouncing, is that coming through the headset also? I would assume that the 855 is a BT Ver 2.0 headset. Maybe that is the issue.

Yes.

I get all sound through the headset. I believe it is bluetooth 2.0
    Paul Eric Norwood, M.Ed

--Dilbert

Wow - so Paul, you are actually getting call announcements over bluetooth with this headset and you i760?

Sorry to be thick - I have just been struggling with my Jabra 5020 (which is BT v2.0) and call announcements over bluetooth (like others....see threads). Everything else works, but my incoming calls are announced over the speakerphone and not the bluetooth headset.

Thanks!

Bryan

Call announcement is not working like I thought it was ... very strange. I thought it and ringtones were working earlier but it isn't working now. Maybe I was mistaken?
    Paul Eric Norwood, M.Ed

--Dilbert

Call announcements work through my cheap Motorola BT headset.

Everything that's turned on in Voice Command config to work does.

Are some not getting what's configured? or not configured under Control Panel, Voice Command?

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryx View Post
    Call announcements work through my cheap Motorola BT headset.

Everything that's turned on in Voice Command config to work does.

Are some not getting what's configured? or not configured under Control Panel, Voice Command?
    I have set the configurations under voice command for messages to announce new messages and for phone calls to announce all calls. When I get a text it does read the message to me through the headset but for phone calls it announces the call through the speakerphone. I cannot find any other settings. Do you know some that I have missed.

As far as playing ringtones through the headset, I tried another set that was BT v2.0 and still just got the beeps from the headset. I wonder if the reason PEN is getting the ringtones is that he is using a stereo BT.

I have a Samsung WEP 180 bluetooth. The ringtone doesn't play through the headset, just on the phone. The only thing I get on the headset is the tones that a call is incoming. I had a Treo 700wx and used both a Plantronics and a Sony-Ericsson headset and the ringtone didn't play through the headset either.

Nerd Herd
    So more and more people are experiencing and noticing the lack of the rintones through the headset. Like I mentioned, the text message ringtone is the one I miss. No solution though it seems as of yet