+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Games that work

Games that work

Group, I'd like to start a thread to list those games that are found to work (or dont!) on the i760. I want to purchase some games for the device but have been hesitant since most applications i run across dont remark on comaptibility with Mobile 6 or the i760.
    I'm really interested in Flux Challenge but have heard its not compatible. Let me know if you have given it a try!

Thanks!

My favorite is Go

Go, an ancient Asian strategy game, is a candidate for the best game in the world. It is deeper and subtler than chess and has simpler rules.

The open source community has developed a Go engine, called GnuGo. It is available on the Pocket PC. I have tried it and it works fine.

Link: Pocket GNU Go

David

Geocaching is great too!

Geocaching, an international treasure hunt based on GPS, is a fantastic game. Go to Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site to find out more.

A great piece of software for geocaching is called Geoscout. I use it all the time with my BT GPS and internet connection. It can be found at NavStation.

Geocaching is a particularly good game for people like me who travel. You find yourself in a strange location after a day cooped up in meetings with a few hours to kill. Download some local caches, jump in the rental car and discover interesting places in the new environment!

Its a nice contrast to the more cerebral go in my previous post.

David

playstation 1 emulator works fine on i760, also age of empires

SPB AirIslands and Brain Evolution, Dig Dug, Resco Sudoku all work
    Jeremiah 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by virtualdavid View Post
    Geocaching, an international treasure hunt based on GPS, is a fantastic game. Go to Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site to find out more.

A great piece of software for geocaching is called Geoscout. I use it all the time with my BT GPS and internet connection. It can be found at NavStation.

Geocaching is a particularly good game for people like me who travel. You find yourself in a strange location after a day cooped up in meetings with a few hours to kill. Download some local caches, jump in the rental car and discover interesting places in the new environment!

Its a nice contrast to the more cerebral go in my previous post.

David
    What an interesting and fun idea! Reminds me of National Treasure. haha. Love that movie... Love the genre, too!

What kinds of treasures have you found? Are there a lot of them? I live near Pittsburgh, PA. Not a really populated place, but we are 5-time superbowl winners, so we're at least on the map.

Plus, I don't have enough faith in people to trust that anyone would actually put anything of value in a cache, let alone leave something of value behind when they find it. Please tell me I'm wrong.

These are some I have tried on the i760 that work. They are all loaded on my 4GB SDHC card using the hack from this forum:
    Bejeweled
    Bejeweled 2
    Hangman
    Crazy Bubbles
    Resco Sudoku
    Tic-Tac-Toe
    Word Game
    Word Pop
    SP Brain Evolution
    Word Search
    Advanced Brain Training
    Memory Ince

Quote Originally Posted by DrPhantum View Post
    What an interesting and fun idea! Reminds me of National Treasure. haha. Love that movie... Love the genre, too!

What kinds of treasures have you found? Are there a lot of them? I live near Pittsburgh, PA. Not a really populated place, but we are 5-time superbowl winners, so we're at least on the map.

Plus, I don't have enough faith in people to trust that anyone would actually put anything of value in a cache, let alone leave something of value behind when they find it. Please tell me I'm wrong.

The country is littered with Geocaches. I go to random places and find many within a couple of miles of whever I am. Here is a link to a map showing caches near downtown Pittsburgh.

Geocaching.com - Searching with Google Maps...

The things in the caches are generally not that valuable. Its more the sport of hiding and finding the caches.

"WM2003SE fanatic..." RedBaronK's Avatar
    pocketnester w/ warios woods.....we all know that multiple key presses are not registered, but warios woods does not require complex key presses since its a puzzle game. its quite addicting too...

as for this ps1 emulator, I had no idea that it was possible to run it on a ppc
    Mr. Belding's on speed dial #3, right after Screech.

"...please try your call again..." crouton976's Avatar
    PocketNester has run every game I have tried. The turbo A and B options are somewhat lacking, and I wish it had Game Genie support, but other than that, it works great. I am about to try PocketSnes and the PS1 emulator... I'll let you know...

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaronK View Post
    pocketnester w/ warios woods.....we all know that multiple key presses are not registered...
    Ok, either I am missing something here or "Mike Tyson's Punch Out!" and PocketNester have been reading my mind on the simultanious key presses. You must hit the punch button and up on the d-pad to punch to the head of your opponent, and since day one, that's what I've been doing... but man, I forgot how much of a pain in the @$$ Piston Honda is....
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
    - Edgar Allan Poe

can someone explain how to use pocketnes? I want to have games on my phone too....

thanks!

In case someone is searching - been using GBA emmulator for a while with relative success, but just tried PocketSNES.
    Get form here - Smartphone Game Emulators for C550 - WinMo @ MoDaCo

Comes with dll you have to put in your windows folder. Then get some ROMS (easy) and load them up. No sound, but it seems to run very smooth.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Wanted to revive this - I just struggled to get the PS1 emulator to work with no luck. https://docs.google.com/View?docID=0...vision=_latest

Wonder if anyone had any tips/settings or other games/emulators to recommend.

I also struggled to try and get Pocket Diablo to work, but it just kept crashing. Anyone have better luck?
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur