+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User SHIVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-15-2007
    Posts
    99

    How to force i760 to disconnect from Broadband?

    If this has been discussed before, I certainly can't find it. Every time I use the web or check e-mail the Broadband icon stays on until it runs out of time.

    I think there is an option to limit the time, I have set it now to 1 hour, which is the shortest option, the default is 4hrs. But why let it roam for 1 hr, assuming my setting is valid. Granted I have unlimited data usage, but it would be nice to find a way to kill the Broadband instantly.

    Of course one way is to disable BB and then enable, but I am wondering if there other ways.

    Thank you, S

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-18-2007
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA View Post
    If this has been discussed before, I certainly can't find it. Every time I use the web or check e-mail the Broadband icon stays on until it runs out of time.

    I think there is an option to limit the time, I have set it now to 1 hour, which is the shortest option, the default is 4hrs. But why let it roam for 1 hr, assuming my setting is valid. Granted I have unlimited data usage, but it would be nice to find a way to kill the Broadband instantly.

    Of course one way is to disable BB and then enable, but I am wondering if there other ways.

    Thank you, S
    I read in other posts that the Broadband is merely dormant but clock continues to run. My timer runs like yours too, but it is not actually connected to the Broadband all that time. If you have the bubble enabled you will see that it redials the #777 again when it needs to connect. You can also kill it by tapping on the icon at top of screen which puts you into wireless manager and you can turn off phone, then back on again when you need it but this is unnecessary since the connection is merely dormant. Or you can toggle the phone on or off by holding in the end-call button.

  3. #3
    Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Join Date
    11-28-2003
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co.
    Posts
    706
    Also you can go to wireless manager and click right soft key ... this will bring up a disconect menu option
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

  4. #4
    Registered Ninja Ninja4Hire's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-24-2007
    Posts
    135
    quickest way to turn off your connection is to double tap the Red(phone off) key. this will disconnect the EV and still leave your phone connection on.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-03-2006
    Posts
    114
    Tap on the EV or 1X button in the task bar and select disconnect (this only works when you have data turned on).

  6. #6
    Registered User SHIVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-15-2007
    Posts
    99
    blazingwolf, thank you. it can't get any more elegant and simple than that... I just tried it... thanks!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-09-2007
    Location
    Hampton Roads (SE Virginia)
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja4Hire View Post
    quickest way to turn off your connection is to double tap the Red(phone off) key. this will disconnect the EV and still leave your phone connection on.
    Do I have to assign that function? I've tried this several times since reading your note, and it doesn't work for me???!!???

  8. #8
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzanda View Post
    Do I have to assign that function? I've tried this several times since reading your note, and it doesn't work for me???!!???
    That dosent work for me either. It did work this way on the i730.
    I just either leave it in dormant state or just click on the EV icon and disconnect.......

  9. #9
    Registered Ninja Ninja4Hire's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-24-2007
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzanda View Post
    Do I have to assign that function? I've tried this several times since reading your note, and it doesn't work for me???!!???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    That dosent work for me either. It did work this way on the i730.
    I just either leave it in dormant state or just click on the EV icon and disconnect.......
    Strange. I haven't done anything special to get this to work for me. just a quick little double tap and it shuts off EV. If you hold it, it will turn the phone(radio) off like flight mode.

  10. #10
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja4Hire View Post
    Strange. I haven't done anything special to get this to work for me. just a quick little double tap and it shuts off EV. If you hold it, it will turn the phone(radio) off like flight mode.
    Do you have any button assinment sw installed on your device?

  11. #11
    Registered Ninja Ninja4Hire's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-24-2007
    Posts
    135
    I have AE Button Plus, but it I am not using it for that button. I have noticed that sometimes after I double click the red button it does not work right away so I have to do it again. This may be why it seems to not work for other people. It may just be a timing thing. I can't imagine you would have to double press "pause" then double press again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts