+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SCH-i760 compatibility with 6GB and 8GB MicroSD

Currently the Samsung SCH-i760 (out-of-the-box) only supports up to 2GB of external memory by MicroSD. By installing a SDHC hack (CAB file) provided by Nemanracing the compatibility has been extended to 4GB cards.

With the SDHC hack installed compatibility is as follows:
    -4GB SDHC MicroSD works with no problems.
    -6GB SDHC MicroSD will only read approx. 1.7GB of space.
    -8GB SDHC MicroSD are reading approx 4GB of space.

To download the SDHC hack see post #41 here.
    If you are unfamiliar with installing a CAB file Dominick_7 has written instructions in post #181 here.

This thread is reserved for unlocking the compatibility of 6GB and 8GB cards. All questions relating to 4GB cards should be directed towards the previously mentioned thread.
    Last edited by mrvain; 12-18-2007 at 12:04 PM.

I spoke with verizon about the supposed firmware upgrade that stores were talking about. Verizon's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. In other words, ther is no firmware update according to corporate Verizon, and the stores that talk about the update just tell you to go to a website (www.verizonwireless.com/data). There is no update on that site.

New Mexico (yes that's in the USA & the water is drinkable)
    Well, lets get the obvious stated so we don't have the questions ... the SDHC hack in the 4GB thread DOESN'T open up the 6GB & 8GB cards (I can personally confirm it will allow you to access 1.7GB of a 6GB card).

I have not tried the DLL install Dominck_7 was talking about as he was working with a SD card on his i730 ...

Next??
    Favorite DNRC's inDUHvidual's quotes

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous"
    "Never pet a burning dog"

-8GB SDHC MicroSD are not functioning.

I installed a 8gb card and it does recognize it but with only 4gb with the hack. Still, why go 8 if only 4 show? I'd like to put more than 4gb music on it.

This is a problem that appears to span across many different phones. The two files that keep being mentioned in different forums are sdmemory.dll and sdbus.dll.

If download the SDHC hack to your computer, and use Winrar to extract it, you will get four files: _setup.xml (which appears to be the install), 0000SDHC.000 (not sure what this is yet), SDMEMORY.001 (sdmemory.dll), and 000SDBUS.002 (sdbus.dll). Rename the .001 and .002 extensions to .DLL.

The Palm Treo 750V seems to work with 8GB cards, see here.
    If I can somehow get these two dll's off of a 750V we might be able to do some swap/copy into a patch, or at least compare the differences.

The xml file should tell you everything about what's in the cab. It should give you names as well as install locations.

Updates to SDHC.cab

Anybody know where SDHC.cab originated? I would like to see if any new developments or updates to the .cab have been created.

As far as I know, this issue is still unresolved.
    You lock it up..

Has anyone been able to get an update on this? I still can't believe we haven't found a fix.

I wonder if on a PC, an 8gb card was partitioned into two 4gb sections, what the i760 would pickup...

I admit it is a long shot. I am just throwing ideas out now until I actually go buy one.

I would love to figure out how to partition a 6 or 8gb microSD card. I have tried every way I know possible to partition my 6gb and everything I have read says they can't be partitioned

All I want for Christmas is my 6gb/8gb microSD card to work . . .

Quote Originally Posted by veja74 View Post
    I would love to figure out how to partition a 6 or 8gb microSD card. I have tried every way I know possible to partition my 6gb and everything I have read says they can't be partitioned
    Paragon Partitioner worked well but my i730 doesnt seem to care that there is more than one partition..it only recognizes 1..Id assume the same for the i760 but feel free to try it.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

Hey there, folks...!

Any news on this front? Brand new i760 user here with a grossly unused 6GB SanDisk card.

I pretty much have given up on this - went ahead and bought a 4gb... sux

Any work being done towards this or is this a dead project? The 4gb works great, but have gotten the taste and now need more.

Searching for John Galt lynnpreston's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominick_7 View Post
    Paragon Partitioner worked well but my i730 doesnt seem to care that there is more than one partition..it only recognizes 1..Id assume the same for the i760 but feel free to try it.
    Can you tell me how you used Paragon Partition Manager to partition your SD card? I have Paragon, and when I delete the existing partion from the SD card, then click "Create Partition", it tell me "A new partition cannot be created on this hard disk. Most probably, all primary slots are occupied and there is no extended partition."
    Regards,
    Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by lynnpreston View Post
    Can you tell me how you used Paragon Partition Manager to partition your SD card? I have Paragon, and when I delete the existing partion from the SD card, then click "Create Partition", it tell me "A new partition cannot be created on this hard disk. Most probably, all primary slots are occupied and there is no extended partition."
    Hmm that's strange..It was a while ago that I did it but all I remember doing was first formatting the card in FAT16 then clicking Partition and selected the amount of room I wanted on each..I tried 4GBs for each distinct partition and it worked but only one partition was showing up in the i730. I also tried it in FAT32 and I think both worked fine. I never got that error. Which format did you format it in? Did you try both FAT32 and FAT16?

Yes, I did try both formats. It's as if Paragon can't work with an SD card. I'm running version 8.5.

Anyone have any idea how I can partition an SD card? XDA has a method that uses a windows mobile device to do it. Problem is, the i760 won't recognize all of the 8GB card to partition it - so that's useless.

I did however use the XDA method to partition a 512MB card into two partitions. My 760 saw both partitions fine. That gives me hope that if I can get my 8GB card partitioned, it will work. I just have to get the darn thing partitioned.
    Regards,
    Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by lynnpreston View Post
    Yes, I did try both formats. It's as if Paragon can't work with an SD card. I'm running version 8.5.

Anyone have any idea how I can partition an SD card? XDA has a method that uses a windows mobile device to do it. Problem is, the i760 won't recognize all of the 8GB card to partition it - so that's useless.

I did however use the XDA method to partition a 512MB card into two partitions. My 760 saw both partitions fine. That gives me hope that if I can get my 8GB card partitioned, it will work. I just have to get the darn thing partitioned.
    It worked on my SDHC regular SD Card..but just didnt show up in the i730..Thats awesome you got your i760 to show both partitions. I wonder if it will allow over 4Gbs to show. What XDA method are you reffering to if I may ask?

HOWTO Partition SD card - xda-developers

Works great . . . provided you have a WM device that can read the complete card size you want to use . . . which brings us back to our original problem - getting the i760 to read all of an 8GB card. Darn circular references.
    Regards,
    Lynn