+ Reply to Thread

i760 Keeps Finding Memory Card

I'm having a different memory card issue than what I've read in the forums. I picked up a 2 GB SanDisk micro SD card today (not MicroSDHC from what I can tell). I popped the card in the phone, it immediately recognized it, and copied over the three files that were on it. I thought all was good, but a couple minutes later I heard a beep (like a text message) and when I checked the phone it told me it had found the memory card and wanted to copy over the files again. Now this is happening every few minutes, including every time I turn on the phone. It doesn't matter if I say yes or cancel. I've reseeded the card a few times but have not tried the Nemanracing hack yet or reformatting the card.

Has anyone else experienced this or solved it?

Thanks!

This was happening to me too for a while.

The card had previously been used in my E815. It was only a 256 Meg card. I believe I solved the problem by deleting all the files that had been on the card. I do not believe I reformatted the card, though.

Good luck.

I think I solved it

Should have done this before, but I THINK I solved it simply by doing a soft-reset on the phone. Hasn't happened in the past couple of hours.

fwiw, I did reformat the card and that didn't solve it (it was a new card). I didn't want to load the hack as it seemed it wasn't needed for this card.

I searched for this issue because my new i760 does the same thing.

It's very annoying. It keeps asking if I want to search the card for media, and my options are "Yes" or "No." I'm looking for "NO, Not ever. Where did you get the idea that I want to do this? Stop. Don't ask again."

My guess is that the card detection is flakey and it thinks the card is being removed and reinserted.
    I'm using a SanDisk 512MB card.

I did try reformatting it, no change.

I also tried a soft reset.

If I can't find a fix for this, the phone goes back. This message is on my screen every time I go to use the phone.

I was having the same problem...I got another phone under warranty and it has not happened with the new phone...I haven't done anything different....

One of our users was having this problem. He then took the memory card out and put it back in and has not had this problem since.

I had the same issue, called customer service and got not help from verizon. Then I tried doing a hard reset and it fixed the problem on my i760. After a dozen notices that a memory card was inserted a day, I only got 1 notice in the past two weeks, the notice when I first inserted the card.

I've found that this happens any time Media Player is running.

That is, if you've watched any media and "exited", the Media Player is still running in the background, and will assert itself to ask about your card -- over and over and over.

If I kill it with the Task Manager, then it does not prompt. So I make a habit of that.

It would be nice if *EXITING* was the default instead of backgrounding, but whatever.

I've got the same problem. I don't get the notification that often, but I do have a problem with Microsoft Reader. A couple of times a day MS Reader will tell me "Microsoft Reader can on longer access the ebook" when I move to the next page. This never happens when the book is in main memory. Seems like a defect. I'll try to get a warranty replacement and see what happens.