+ Reply to Thread

2 i760 q's: WM5NewMenu issue and Clock

1) On WM2003 devices, the left softkey said "New," and allowed u to quickly and easily create a new anything (eg: note, contact, etc.). On WM5 devices, this feature was gone, but a small prog called WM5NewMenu managed to get it back. However, my WM6-based Samsung i760 wont allow WM5NewMenu to make the left softkey actually say "New," even though i labeled it that in the WM5NewMenu settings. Instead it says "WM5NewMenu." Any work-around or alternative "New Menu" solution, other than the buggy Wisbar Advance 3?

2) I dont like the look of the digital clock that came preloaded with the i760. the only other default options are to make it look white or go analog. is there any way to change the "skin," without having to buy a whole app like "SPB Time"?

thanks!

Registered User TrickyFrenchman's Avatar
    1) I, too, liked the WM5newmenu program. I renamed the shortcut in the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder, you can name it whatever you like.

2) I can't help on this issue.

perfect solution! thank you so much.

i wonder why they dont let u change the right softkey?!

Registered User TrickyFrenchman's Avatar
    There's another thread here, Right Soft Key - Change it that talks all about it.

I tried installing this program on the right and couldn't get it to show. I even tried the registry adjustments mentioned, but still no dice. I ran out of things I know how to do, so I patiently wait to see if anyone else finds a solution.