+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-18-2007
    Posts
    453

    Thumbs down OK Im getting pretty tired of this

    I don't mind the ads in the side pane. But that damned Ford ad that keeps taking over my screen while I am trying to read the posts has absolutely got to go. WTF is up with that. My cursor is nowhere near that pane.

  2. #2
    DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
    I don't mind the ads in the side pane. But that damned Ford ad that keeps taking over my screen while I am trying to read the posts has absolutely got to go. WTF is up with that. My cursor is nowhere near that pane.
    At the top of the right side advertising pane just to the left of the words "login panel" is a "close advertising panel" button that looks like this: <>

    click on it.
    Last edited by JimCapraro; 11-20-2007 at 06:29 AM.
    The only constant is change.

  3. #3
    Professional Phone User Thundaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-20-2007
    Posts
    99
    I don't have any ads at all

  4. #4
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCapraro View Post
    At the top of the right side advertising pane just to the left of the words "login panel" is a "close advertising panel" button that looks like this: <>

    click on it.
    ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Oh My God!!!!!!!!!

    Jim now I know why I want to be like you when I grow up.

    Thanks, you're the best!

    Mark

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-18-2007
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCapraro View Post
    At the top of the right side advertising pane just to the left of the words "login panel" is a "close advertising panel" button that looks like this: <>

    click on it.
    Jim, I sent you a thank you note post but I guess it didn't get through. I had never noticed the <> before and I apologized for being so cranky this morning. It really was getting on my nerves because it kept popping up and taking over my whole screen. Anyway, My apologies to everyone and keep up the good work.

  6. #6
    DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
    Jim, I sent you a thank you note post but I guess it didn't get through. I had never noticed the <> before and I apologized for being so cranky this morning. It really was getting on my nerves because it kept popping up and taking over my whole screen. Anyway, My apologies to everyone and keep up the good work.
    He don't worry man, we've all "been there." I'm just glad we could give you a little something to ease your pain.
    The only constant is change.

  7. #7
    Registered User catstide's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-04-2006
    Posts
    80
    i saw this this morning and almost posted "best tip of the day".i never saw it before either.

  8. #8
    Fisher of Men mwfielder's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2003
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    4,752
    me neither!!!!!
    Jeremiah 29:11

  9. #9
    Das Uber Tech Geek
    Join Date
    08-16-2006
    Location
    SF BAY AREA
    Posts
    98
    Never Saw It!!!!
    No More Ads!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-31-2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    427
    I love you man!!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-04-2007
    Posts
    48
    Too bad they just come back when you go back to the thread list/home page. If anyone is using FireFox, install Adblock Plus. It should clean up all your advertisements. Free extension.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-07-2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    28
    We should also remember that it costs money to maintain a site like this. Without the ads, there would be no site.

  13. #13
    I know i am but what are you?
    Join Date
    05-20-2005
    Location
    Cave Creek, AZ
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCapraro View Post
    At the top of the right side advertising pane just to the left of the words "login panel" is a "close advertising panel" button that looks like this: <>

    click on it.
    u da man. !...

    How did you figure that out?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts