+ Reply to Thread
    God, I have a problem. It's me. michele654's Avatar

Bookmark audio player with DRM?

I'm using netlibrary.com to download .wma audio books to my computer. I get the DRM license using WMP 11 on my computer, and then use sync to put it on my phone, which also transfers the DRM license.

WMP mobile doesn't seem to have bookmarks, and it's an 18 hour book, I don't really want to have to try and find where I was at each time I stop.

Any suggestions for how to get bookmarks in WMP mobile or another player that will see the DRM license?

Thanks for any help!

-Michele

God, I have a problem. It's me. michele654's Avatar
    Well, I guess I'll answer my own question, in case someone stumbles across this thread looking for the same thing.

First I tried Pocket Player, from Conduit, and it seemed to play, understood the DRM, played WMA files, bookmarks worked, etc. However, if I tried to browse the library it went into a looping error that required a soft reset to get out of.

Next I tried PocketMusic Bundle and it seems a bit more stable, still supports the DRM, WMA files, bookmarking, and it has a today screen plugin that leaves the player sitting on the screen which I like. Can't bookmark from there, but that's okay. It has a sleep timer, and lots of other features that I'll never use.

I'm currently on the 7-day trial, it's $19.95. If I don't find any real problems with it, I'll likely purchase it.

There are probably others out there, these are the two that I found quickly.

-Michele

Actually I have tried both the PocketMusic Bundle and PocketPlayer.

The PocketMusic Bundle was OK, but it would not properly see the end of a WMA file and start the next song or audio file. The software vendor for PocketMusic updated version 5 to fix this.

I ended up going with PocketPlayer. I have had no problems with it, and it works great with my Motorola S9 BT Headset. I can controller the player from the headset. I did setup PocketPlayer so that it did not scan the library each time. My library is on my 4 GB microSD card, and between books from Netlibrary and music, I have about 3 GB of the card in use.

I used a Kyocera 7135 for about two years before moving to the i730 and now the i760. I really liked the 7135, but so far the i760 is a great PDA and phone for me.

I also use netlibrary.com to listen to books. I have downloaded the trial of pocket player and like it but can not control the player (pause, play or next track) from my blue tooth headset. Did you have to do any setup to use the headset to contol the player?

Answer to my own question

Quote Originally Posted by Dustybrown View Post
    I also use netlibrary.com to listen to books. I have downloaded the trial of pocket player and like it but can not control the player (pause, play or next track) from my blue tooth headset. Did you have to do any setup to use the headset to contol the player?
    I found the following information at this link. There are plugins that allow control from the headset.
    http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...l?nojs=1#links