+ Reply to Thread

storing backup on 4GB card

just wondering ....if my i760 crashes and i have to rely on my backup which is stored on my sd card,will i have to install the hack cab file before the phone can recover the backup from the 4GB card?

Epic Geek
    yes. I generally keep the SDHC cab on my laptop, my desktop PC at the office and my laptop and desktop at home.

I have installed and tried a few apps I didn't like and hard reset after being done with each.

The first thing I do when i create a new active sync profile is uncheck all of the boxes and copy the sdhc.cab to my documents on the device.

then you can restore or as I do sometimes, reinstall your apps from the card.

would it solve the problem if i stored backups to the main memory?if so how much memory would it eat up.i would hate to be away from my pc for several days and not be able to restore my phone till i got back to my pc.

Das Uber Tech Geek
    If you do a hard reset that won't work.
    You either need to keep a version on another small SD card and install it frst or you need to be close to another computer.

BTDT.

tech

GM1
    I just go Spb backup...is it better to run this from internal memory or can I somehow move it to run from the microSD?

The only concern I'd have with running it from the SD card would be using scheduled backups. If the phone wakes up and the app is missing because the card's still asleep, you might not get your backup.