+ Reply to Thread
    "WM2003SE fanatic..." RedBaronK's Avatar

Umm yeah... the unlock button disappeared

I miss my slider unlocking my phone with the old i730..... because today for the first time, when the phone was locked and someone called me I picked up the call fine, but as I tried to unlock the phone to bring up the calendar low and behold the unlock option didnt show up, it only displayed MESSAGE so I could not unlock the phone.

then afterwards I reset the phone, and later on once more the same thing happened.... the UNLOCK option disapeared and all that showed was MESSAGE button.....

old i730 was hardware based unlocking, is there any way at all of hiting a combination of key to unlock the phone? I mean if theres a locking combination there should be a unlock combination key press too right ?
    Mr. Belding's on speed dial #3, right after Screech.

Yeah, I have had this happen too. Just hit the button on top of the phone to put it to sleep, and tap it again to wake it up. The Unlock button will show up again.

"WM2003SE fanatic..." RedBaronK's Avatar
    that worked for you? when i turned the screen off and then turned it back on it still wouldnt work for me.... unless u meant shut it down by holding the button
    Mr. Belding's on speed dial #3, right after Screech.

Yeah - I get this every once in a while also. Usually when there is another window pop up and then the phone rings. It won't override the message window and the top button on/off quickly does the trick.

Again, I find this annoying but not the worst thing in the world. It beats errant dials from my pocket!

You shouldn't have to shut down, just us the button to enter/exit sleep mode and that should do it. If not, I would see if there are any programs you might be running that are causing the issue.

Hope that helps!

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!