+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

working HTC Home V2.1 application!

Good news everyone; I have been able to get the HTC home application working on my i760!

First, download and install the cab from RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Then, replace the HTCHome.dll in the \windows directory with the attached file. Restart and everything should be working!

Thanks to schen and everyone over at xda-developers! You can find the original thread here:
    [UPDATED 17/11/2007] HTC Home v.2.1.1005.722 - xda-developers

Next task: porting the HTC cube application! I currently have everything working but the contacts face...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by whirlwind; 11-21-2007 at 10:45 AM.

Yay! Does this mean the customizer will work as well?!?!?

I don't mean to be johnny-come-lately, but has this been a problem, ie getting the HTC home to work on the i760? I just came across this thread and assumed that it had already worked on the i760. I got rid of my Hermes and just installed a bunch of the stuff i was using on it onto my i760 like the Home, HHC, phonevibratewm6 (vibrates the phone when dialing), etc. I didn't see anything on the main page so I figured it just worked already. If it has been I guess I just got lucky!

It was working, but only version 1.5. This seems to be a newer version. I'm going to give this a shot since 1.5 doesn't like to display correctly sometimes if I switch from portrait to landscape and back.

I don't mean to be johnny-come-lately, but has this been a problem, ie getting the HTC home to work on the i760?
    Sorry, I should have explicitally meantioned in the first post that this is version 2.1, not 1.5. In the latest versions, there is an embedded version/device check that I had to bypass so that it would run on a non-htc device.

Yay! Does this mean the customizer will work as well?!?!?
    Yes, customizer works as well!

Whirlwind
    Last edited by whirlwind; 11-21-2007 at 10:53 AM.

Good find! Works great so far. It adds a HTC tab to the today settings menu.

Quote Originally Posted by snrsuave View Post
    I'm going to give this a shot since 1.5 doesn't like to display correctly sometimes if I switch from portrait to landscape and back.
    That seems to be fixed!

Yes, I like it.

Excuse my ignorance... I've been a Palm user for years, and just converted to WM6 when I got my i760 on VZW launch day...

What does this do for the phone? Any screenshots? I quick once-over the link in your first post didn't look like it showed any screenshots. It seemed understood that everyone viewing the thread knew what the Home program does.
    Last edited by DrPhantum; 11-21-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPhantum View Post
    Excuse my ignorance... I've been a Palm user for years, and just converted to WM6 when I got my i760 on VZW launch day...

What does this do for the phone? Screenshots? I quick once-over the link in your first post didn't look like it showed any screenshots. It seemed understood that everyone viewing the thread knew what the Home program does.

If you do a search on this forum for today screens you will find a few picks, also you can google "HTC Home Plugin" and find plenty of info.

Das Uber Tech Geek

HTC i760 Not Worki ng

Hmm.

I copied the dll into my Windows directory (i760)
    Installed the HTC Home application.
    I see a tab in settings. I'm able to run the configuration tool.

Nothing on the display changes.
    Last edited by tech_head; 11-21-2007 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Bad Spelling

when you restart it will show you a warning. You must click yes/ok before the messaging tab appears. Otherwise it will not execute. Dunno if this helps but it was happening to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
    I copied the dll into my Windows directory (i760)
    Installed the HTC Home application.
    You need to install the plugin first, then copy over the replacement dll.

Since you have already installed the cab, just copy the dll again, restart, and everything should work.

Whirlwind
    Last edited by whirlwind; 11-21-2007 at 06:52 PM.

message deleted by poster
    Last edited by nycdoc22; 11-22-2007 at 10:52 PM.

OK. so that's the wrong cab...oops

Want i want to do is the following:
    HTC - RANDOM ACCESS for Kaiser - Download Here - xda-developers
    I want the letters to appear on the left margin of the contact screen instead of a a vertical scroll bar...is there an HTC plug for that?

thanx

works great! thanx.

This - is - awesome.

Now, I'm not sure if I should create another thread about getting my icons set correctly in the launcher tab (where are icons even stored in winmo6?) or not. I'd love it if someone could chime in

works great...thanks.
    "If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jschmuck2 View Post
    This - is - awesome.

Now, I'm not sure if I should create another thread about getting my icons set correctly in the launcher tab (where are icons even stored in winmo6?) or not. I'd love it if someone could chime in
    I'm not sure what your asking. Do you not know how to add program icons to the launcher tab, or are you just trying to change the icons to custom ones?

:)

Again, thanks No, I know how to add icons (and thereby programs) to the launcher tab - but for example, my Opera Mini icon is the icon for Jbed's MIDlet - I'd like it to be the official Opera icon. I'm pretty sure I'll have to snag one from some place and make it into a 60x60 PNG, right?

I'd also love to find a way to make clicking on the time open up SPB time as opposed to the default one.

I could not get the customizer to work. I would get the following error message :
    "An unexpected error has occurred in homecust.exe., ...."

Anyone else get this.

I downloaded the beta 5 version of HHC
    BTW the HHC Lite version works..