+ Reply to Thread

Dialing xtra characters

I just switched from an ancient Treo 650 to the i760. Now, on the treo I had this options to have "Extra characters" dialed after the number. I need this to dial a calling card number, then wait 2 seconds, then dial another number.

Something like this:

1800-123-4567 then wait 2 seconds then dial 123456789 and a # at the end

On the Treo I just had 1800-123-4567,,123456789#

How can I do this on this new phone I have?

Also, how can i have the speedial buttons somehow visible, not going into Menu.Speedial?

Thanks a lot in advance...

maybe the q are rookie style, but hey, i'm very new to this.

You can use 'p' to pause for 2 seconds. I read on here somewhere that people were having problems with it working correctly but mine seems to work fine. I use it for my voicemail by having it dial *86pp(password)#

As a word of warning to anyone who used *86 for Voicemail... those count out of your regular minutes. My wife has her phone set up this way, and those minutes helped push her over the limit one month.

Stupid, I know, but if you set your voicemail to dial your full phone # then VZW counts it as "IN" and it doesn't affect your minutes usage.

On Topic, I too have used the "p" or "pp" in my voicemail settings to audo-dial the password.

The issue is not that dialing into voicemail does not work, but rather that once connected, if you have the screen go into powersave mode, and also have speed dial numbers set in spots 7 and 9, instead of being able to delete or save messages, when you press 7 or 9 you will start a 3-way call to that speed dial number. The problem seems somewhat sporadic, but annoying nonetheless.

Thanks alot, The "p" works!

Quote Originally Posted by LxMeister View Post
    As a word of warning to anyone who used *86 for Voicemail... those count out of your regular minutes. My wife has her phone set up this way, and those minutes helped push her over the limit one month.

Stupid, I know, but if you set your voicemail to dial your full phone # then VZW counts it as "IN" and it doesn't affect your minutes usage.

. . .
    Is this true? I knew calling voicemail from my phone used plan minutes, but I always thought that calling your own number did also. It seemed ridiculous that I could use fewer minutes by checking my VM from someone else's VZW phone than from my own.

I'll have to put this as my VM # if it only uses IN minutes.

Pretty Good Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDCJ View Post
    Is this true? I knew calling voicemail from my phone used plan minutes, but I always thought that calling your own number did also. It seemed ridiculous that I could use fewer minutes by checking my VM from someone else's VZW phone than from my own.

I'll have to put this as my VM # if it only uses IN minutes.
    *86p yadayadyad# still seems to work better for me while using CallWave visual voicemail.

Could probably get CallWave to work just as well with my own number if I played around with the number of pauses, etc, but going over my minutes is not an issue with me. Others may want to look at this. Maybe *86 is quicker and more consistent than dialing one's own number???

Quote Originally Posted by LxMeister View Post

On Topic, I too have used the "p" or "pp" in my voicemail settings to audo-dial the password.
    Great tip!