+ Reply to Thread

Is it worth getting mobile shell and pocket plus

I don't want to duplicate programs or features so I am wondering if it is worth purchasing mobile shell and pocket plus.

Thanks Michael

There's a couple of other threads asking this same question, and it's answered in those threads.

thanks I tried search but will do again

they are nice--I do have both
    Jeremiah 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by heartpumper77 View Post
    thanks I tried search but will do again
    Here's 2 threads I found using search words: mobile shell pocket plus

Do you need both SPB Mobile Shell + SPB Pocket Plus
    Spb Phone Suite & Mobile Shell Question

I have tried both individually and together. I kept Pocket Plus, not Shell. The only things Shell seemed to offer in addition to what you could already get with PP was a Weather plugin, a world clock plug in, and a photo contacts dial plugin (and more tabs). If you are interested in those things, and think they are worth paying $30 for, then it's worth the add. It wasn't for me.

Didn't really care about the world clock. Photo speed dial seems neat, but I realized I already use the number pad speed dial more quickly for the 10 or so people I call routinely enough to need a speed dial. (Plus I thought it would feel a little creepy to take closeup pictures of the friends and family I would use it for.)

Shell also as a "Now Screen" that would be nice if it was actually integrated into the Today screen as opposed to a separate screen that comes up before you get to today. This means you always have to click through it if you use the feature, minimizing its benefit of convenience. The Now screen also seemed a little slow.

I'll agree that Pocket Plus is the one that I'd buy if I only bought one, but the "My Menu" and "SPB Menu" are very, very handy quick navigation tools. Many things that usually require the stylus become accessible with a big, fat, thumb. And "My Menu" makes sure that you're never more than a button and a finger press away from your nine favorite applications.