+ Reply to Thread

use any button to bring phone out of sleep

is there a way to configure the phone so that i dont have to press the button on the top to bring it out of the sleep mode?

basically i want to be able to press any button on the phone to 'wake' or 'un-sleep' the phone...

is this possible?

Very good question

was wondering that myself

want more buttons to wake up phone?

hehe, maybe you should trade phones with bezworks. see this thread -- http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...ock-phone.html

yeah, thanks...i saw that, was hoping it turned out to be a setting that was missed and not a faulty phone. oh well.

reason i am trying to accomplish this is because im using the slide to unlock app, but with the phone automatically going 'dark' or into 'sleep' i have to press the button on the top to 'wake' it, then do the whole slide to unlock, to unlock the phone. its just causing an extra step that is not needed.

i dont mind that the phone goes 'dark' or to 'sleep' on its own after x seconds, i would just prefer any button to bring it out or to 'wake' it, so that i get to the 'screen saver' of the slide to unlock page...

make sense? i can just get rid of the program, but i kinda like it and was hoping for some workaround...

This has been discussed a few times, and the conclusion is that it cannot be done at this time.