+ Reply to Thread

Phone Asks to Shutdown Twice... ???

When I hold my power off button down and get the shutdown confirmation window, I select yes to do so (and I hear that audio alert when it comes up). Well, when it is powering off, I hear that same alert again. I always wondered why I heard that again as it went blank. Well, I was able to see why just now for some reason right before it went off this instance. The shutdown confirmation window came up again as it was shutting down. I don't think that's normal, is it? Why is that happening???

Sounds like you need to hard reset (I'm saying this because of your other problems that you have posted about also).

If this doesn't fix your problems you might need to get a new phone.

Yep, about to do that now.

Thanks man!

PROBLEM SOLVED

I did some further testing and I've discovered the culprit. I bought a dual sync and charge cable a few weeks ago and when it is plugged into the phone it somehow produces this strange behavior.

Perhaps some great mind may be able to explain this, but I have only a slight idea why. I guess the power coming through the cord fights the phone trying to turn off and the phone senses this power and thinks it must ask me to shutdown again.

This is also the cause of my phones power button not locking my phone in this thread. It works when the cord is not connected, but when connected the phone is not truly locked.

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...ock-phone.html

At least you figured out what was going on.