+ Reply to Thread

Remove title bar's default battery icon after installing QuickMenu?

Someone here recommended QuickMenu as a great alternative to Wisbar3, which i found very buggy. QuickMenu is great, and even puts a nice battery icon on the title bar, which can say what percentage is left. now, the default battery icon is superfluous. how can i get rid of it?

also, after searching the forum, i see that the most common method to get the clock to display on the title bar, when at the today screen, is by a registry hack. has anyone found a small freeware solution (like QuickMenu) that can take care of this for me, since im a little intimidated by the registry?

thank you!

found the solution to both questions through one freeware app called Advanced Configuration Tools v1.1, available at FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: Advanced Configuration Tools v1.1

Among other tweaks, it allows u to switch the default battery meter on the title bar for the clock (even at the today screen!), or you can have both, or whatever. so far it seems like a great app, and has plenty of other tweaks to play around with.

thanks to anyone who was looking around for a solution for me...

edit: wow, what a find! this app also lets u change the right softkey, which i know a lot of us have been trying to do!
    Last edited by daverose808; 11-22-2007 at 12:58 AM.

Registered User TrickyFrenchman's Avatar
    Let me know if you actually can change the right soft key. Several apps have claimed such, but when you employ the tweak, the right soft key is still the same.

ha, i tried it out and u were right. it wont change. i tried changing it to "Phone." When the PPC first comes on, the right softkey flashes "Phone" but then goes back to "Menu." That little initial glitch irritated me so i tried to put back "Menu" in the settings, and Menu is no longer there! So, now im stuck with that glitch unless I hard-reset, I guess (or remove that prog, first, hopefully). Well, aside from that I really do like the cascading Start menu and having both the clock and battery meter on the today's title bar.

Update: Argh. A new annoyance with this prog. Now that I have both the clock and battery meter on the today’s title bar, I lose the voicemail notification icon. When a voicemail is received now, the left softkey will flash “notification”, but once I dismiss that, there is no longer the little voicemail icon up top. Frustrating…

Bottom line: if anyone finds a prog better than mine that does what mine is supposed to, please let me know!

Climbs cell towers
    I am looking for a way to remove the battery icon too... registry hack, anyone?