+ Reply to Thread

Pocket PC stupidity

I know that pocket PC (windows mobile) is a brand new product... I mean it's only been out for ... what... 6 years? So when are the developers going to catch on and allow you to download and install apps directly from their web sites? Case in point, I went to install agile mobile 3 and low and behold, they have a .CAB download. Great, I thought, this will do the trick. Click ... and I downloaded a .ZIP of the .CAB file. How stupid is that? Can't handle zips on the pocket PC natively. So lets go look for unzip programs now. Found many many of them that, and I quote, "simply unzip the unzip utility from the zip file and install the appropriate .CAB file".

I kid you not!

I just spit my coffee on the screen laughing.
    I keep an unzip .CAB on my external card just in case I need it, for the reason you state.

There are any number of free and paid products that allow you to unzip files on a WM device. Hit https://www.freewarepocketpc.net and grab one.
    Last edited by PerfAlbion; 11-22-2007 at 01:34 PM.

Pretty Good Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfAlbion View Post
    They hit me back with this:

"This is the Plesk™ default page
    If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured
    or
    2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.

For more information please contact Administrator."

Does this mean I need to register or is the site moved, closed, etc? Will let you know what the administrator says.

Pretty Good Member
    Thanks, Wayne.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, gotta go get stuffed now!

My bad. I left the "www" off the original post and DNS didn't redirect appropriately. Wayne pointed you to the same site I was trying to.

how is that any different than a desktop OS? You have to purchase WinZip for it. Not until XP did they have it where you could open files automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by bezworks View Post
    how is that any different than a desktop OS? You have to purchase WinZip for it. Not until XP did they have it where you could open files automatically.
    My Q9M came with an unzip program. Don't know if that is in all WM6 Standard devices, something Motorola added, or something Verizon added (I suspect Motorola).

Alan