+ Reply to Thread

Buttons and such

Really like the i760, however, i have accidently hungup on people simply because the red close-connection button is in the natural location of my index finger while holding the phone to my ear. Has anyone else had this problem and/or figured out a way around it?

Also, I cannot seem to find a convenient way to lock the thing so I don't accidently press keys or activate it. I've set alarms (3am, 6am etc) accidently just by pulling it from my pocket. Always a pleasure waking up to one of these. Any suggestions?

well i know if i press the power/display button once after use it will only wakeup if i use that button again. i can tap the screen and other buttons all i want and it will stay asleep. the only other way it will wakeup is if i open the keyboard. hope that helps.

Your mean that itty button on the top right? Yea I use that too. Kinda hard to push though and/or find.

yup that one. it places the phone in suspend mode. it should keep and unwanted keystrokes or screentaps from working. atleast it does on mine.

It does until something wakes up the phone. Hold the * key to lock.

Quote Originally Posted by jglazer View Post
    Really like the i760, however, i have accidently hungup on people simply because the red close-connection button is in the natural location of my index finger while holding the phone to my ear. Has anyone else had this problem and/or figured out a way around it?
    I've been using AE Button Plus (AE Button Plus) to change the Red button to require a double-press. Much harder to hit accidentally, but yet still easily accessible. Works quite well for the Green button and miss-hitting that from the open keyboard as well.

-

Pretty Good Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exempli_gratia View Post
    I've been using AE Button Plus (AE Button Plus) to change the Red button to require a double-press. Much harder to hit accidentally, but yet still easily accessible. Works quite well for the Green button and miss-hitting that from the open keyboard as well.

-
    Good tip, thanks!