+ Reply to Thread

Question for People that NES Emulators on Their Phone...

Are you able to map the "A" and "B" buttons to a button on the keypad? I cannot for the life of me get Nestor to reconize keypad buttons, like it adds in a code when I push doing the setup then when I try to play a game, no luck.

The directional pad works fine, but I need help with mapping "A" and "B" buttons on the keypad part.

Any suggestions? New emulators, tricks etc? You help is GREATLY appreciated!

They won't map to the front keys so you have to slide open and map to other keys on the keyboard. The reason for this is the software Samsung uses to map the numbers to letters on the front keys. There may be a hack for this down the road but to be honest - it would be very difficult to play most games with the D-Pad because you would constantly hit the middle button when rocking back and forth.

I found a version of pocket nester plus that works well in landscape mode. I mapped the a and b buttons to q and a on the keyboard. You dont want to map them to letters on the same row or you wont be able to push them simultaneously. diagonal wont work on the d-pad, so you have to pick a game that doesnt need diagonal input. I like to play Mike Tysons Punch Out. Super Mario Brothers and Gradius were too hard to play with this control scheme.

the keypad works fine for me. I mapped A & B to the * & # buttons & it works like a charm.

What version of PocketNester are you using? I just installed it and I can't get it to open any ROMS.

Quote Originally Posted by L Supreme View Post
    the keypad works fine for me. I mapped A & B to the * & # buttons & it works like a charm.
    Wha huh!? How???? Seriously, what version do you have?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglow99 View Post
    Wha huh!? How???? Seriously, what version do you have?

Tom
    I have version 0.7

i found that with pocket nester the only keys the A and B buttons will map to were the right soft key and the # key. CLR was start, and the left softkey was select. this allows it to work in portrait mode (because, really, who wants to play tetris in landscape?)

"we're sorry... microsoft has encountered a problem"

sorry to hijack a little,
    BUT, i have spent significant time today trying to figure out how to get my emulator(s) to work on my 760. I have researched here and the xda site.

I have tried pocketnester v.7 and v.8, and p.n.plus v.9.
    I can get the program to open but every time i try to actually load a ROM (.nes) the bottom qtr of the screen goes multi coloured then it says it encountered a problem and goes to the windows prompts asking if i want to notify microsoft. even if i click on a Rom in file explorer it will open the emulator then do the same thing, as if I opened the program.

I dont know if there is some simple step I am missing, or the roms i have are corrupt.
    i just want some other games besides bubble breaker
    Treo 650 -> Samsung i730 -> Samsung i760 -> Samsung Omnia i910
    Hillsdale College- educating for liberty w/o any fed. funding.

bump ttt
    just wanting see if anyone has any ideas on my emulator problems before it gets buried.

tia
    Treo 650 -> Samsung i730 -> Samsung i760 -> Samsung Omnia i910
    Hillsdale College- educating for liberty w/o any fed. funding.

bump.

where do you guys get your roms from?

i tried a couple places but all the roms were corrupted.