+ Reply to Thread

WiFi connected, but EvDO gets all the traffic?

I have both EvDO (unlimited data), and WiFi at home and work.

When WiFi is connected, it's a much faster data connection than EvDO. However, the SCH-i760 seems to route all the requests through EvDO.

So, I don't want to kill my EvDO service (by changing #777 or similar), I just want WiFi to have higher preference for traffic.

Is there any easy way to do this? In Linux, it's controlled by the route table and "metric" values. How do I do this in WinMobile?

On what might be a related topic, I have no idea at all what "Work" means, vs "The Internet". There is only one network, as far as I'm concerned. When WiFi or EvDO are connected, it's The Internet. What am I missing?

Looks like "Work" vs "Internet" has something to do with Proxy vs No Proxy settings.

This seems stranger yet, since the Apps like Picsel also have their own Proxy settings.

"Tap The Internet if the network connects to the Internet (does not use
    proxy settings) or Work (uses proxy settings)."

Still doesn't explain how to make the packets go over WiFi when EVDO is also available. Specifically for things like RSS feeds, where there is a big burst of traffic that would be faster on WiFi.

What's your card think it's connecting to in Settings - Connections - WiFi? My money's on "Work."