+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Hey what a thanksgiving!:mad:

Hey folks this is my first post although i have been reading this forum for 2 weeks since i got my i760 which i love. (former q owner) I was having a good thanksgiving then decided to play football with the family. I have the phone in a case in my pocket fall down on the phone hard on the concrete and crack the side of the screen. now it looks bad and my computer wont recognize the phone. Thank god i have insurance. it just sucks i have to insure it after 2 weeks. I hope they dont try to send me some refurb phone like they did to my wife last year. They sent her a razor with all these non motorola parts on it, peice of crap too. Just wanted to vent and say hello to the new forum family now that i dont have a q anymore im not on qusers.com now! Happy Holidays!

Recently a user here tried to make a claim and found that the insurance company had no i760's in stock. He told them he requires immediate settlement of the claim. I think he was then told to buy a i760 for cash at a store and fax the receipt back to the insurance company for reimbursement. If they offer this to you I recommend getting this in writing.

Thanks!
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

The lady didnt say anything last night about not having them when i was insuring it. She did put me on hold for around 2 min to check something. That would be fine with me if they did that though because my main concern is getting a brand new phone.

sorry to hear about your loss.

"WM2003SE fanatic..." RedBaronK's Avatar
    i got my i760 as a result of a insurance claim from my old i730..... it came in a retail box brand spanking new. ur replacement shouldnt be a refurb unless it comes in a non retail box.
    Mr. Belding's on speed dial #3, right after Screech.

I was the one who had my phone stole and went through the insurance. I live in San Diego and went through Asurion. Everything worked, ordered a brand new phone and I will receive reimbursement in a couple weeks. They might have it in right now, as they kept telling me it should be in any day now (although I heard that for two weeks straight before they told me I could buy it myself and get reimbursed).

Got the email today from the insurance company and it says it will be delivered monday!

awesome!

Did you all have to pay the $50 deductible? Yes, no? Do they ship the replacement first, and do you have send the other back?