+ Reply to Thread

Anyone Else Have a Ton of People You Know That Have The Iphone...

and give you crap for having a WM6 i760 phone. I mean I am wondering if I should MAYBE return the i760 and get the Iphone its just that I like how wm6 shows upcoming appts all the time on the today screen, I don't miss calls while streaming music (which is A LOT) its Windows(which I have grown up on), but he Iphone has a larger screen much brighter, better battery life, but has the darn touch keyboard, no tactile buttons and slow EDGE network, which causes missed calls, while downloading.

I am really torn I have a week to return the i760.

Tom

The iphone is an easier phone, with ease of itunes integration, sleeker/compact design, while the i760 is more for the power user, with windows functionality, the tactile buttons, and open access to sw. If you are on the fence, you might not need all the capabilities of the i760, and that's okay, this phone isn't for everyone. that's my 2 cents.

the iphone is nice but more of a novelty not really business phone. IMO

Indiglo99, what would you be using your phone for?

"WM2003SE fanatic..." RedBaronK's Avatar
    yeah go for the iphone if you cant handle peer pressure...... for me, i'd just say no to dru... i mean iphone.
    Mr. Belding's on speed dial #3, right after Screech.

Pretty Good Member
    I had an iPhone for a couple of weeks and I absolutely loved it, especially the screen & browser, but it's just no yet ready for business power users in a MS Exchange environment. I also hated that I couldn't carry around a couple of spare batteries--battery life isn't that great.

I tried out an iPhone for a while, and yes it was a nice and pretty device. However, I couldn't stand the on screen keyboard and the very slow EDGE. Those two problems eliminated the iPhone from consideration.

Forget about the peer pressure. Bottom line is that you will be using your phone, not your friends. If you like the i760, stay with it. Otherwise, go with what you feel suits your needs the best.

Most people that have the Iphone have no idea what WM6 is!!

Just a couple of points that haven't been mentioned

Just a couple of points that haven't been mentioned

1. there's no voice dialing on the iphone so you cannot use it as a hands free phone if you drive and talk !

2. If it's the touchy feely thing you're after take a look at Touch commander.

i've played around with the iPhone a few times and it's a nightmare to try to type if you have thick fingers

My sister has an iphone and at thanksgiving thursday everyone was oohing and aahing over her phone so i said lets compare my i760. Not even close in functions our phones are way more customizable and will do the same things and more than the iphone. It is flashy with the full touch but in reality in my opinion the phone would get old quick. The internet was faster on mine too.

The iPhone has the single slickest interface going, and it won't be exactly duplicated by WM devices right now because none of the WM devices have touch screens capable of supporting the iPhone's multitouch capabilities.

That said, I prefer to be able to install whatever I want when I want without any limitations and I need to get Exchange e-mail & calendar. The iPhone doesn't support either of those, so it's out of the running for me. Plus, Edge only was a horrid idea and the lack of tethering is a negative.

It's slick - I'd love to have the interface.

I have an iPod Touch, with all the iPhone apps hacked into it (for WiFi use), and it's a remarkably well-made UI. Very smooth and responsive, with none of the awkward pauses, Windows 95 menus, obtrustive control bars, or inconsistencies that plague WinMobile. The Apple UI really does make Windows Mobile look horribly outdated, and it's not just because of the kinetics or touch interface -- its the whole seemless feel and modern presentation. I'd be carrying an iPhone now (instead of 760) if it weren't for three important things: The slow (dialup grade) speed of AT&T's Edge, the lack of Exchange sync, and no replaceable battery.

Batteries are consumables, and I don't expect them to last longer than a year with rough duty.

I have a i760 and iphone

First of all they are totally different phones for me

The iphone I use as my personal phone, fun, easy to use added a few programs using the jailbreak app. It does not work for me and my company network. This is fine for a personal phone.

The i760 I use for my company business I can connect to the company network, and add apps. that I need. I love the phone I just switched from a Treo 700w and the i760 is much better and the buetooth really works.

The major negative on the iPhone for me would be losing access to the big selection of applications along with all the ones I've bought and like so far. I also don't think I'd like the touchscreen for typing in anything very long. Most people I know have Windows Mobile or Blackberry, but then they are mostly IT people who know to look deeper than the interface.

I didn't get an IPhone because AT&T doesn't exist anywhere around where I live. Verizon and Alltel are it, and this is an urban area. Until AT&T becomes as widely available as Verizon, I won't be having any of their products anytime soon.